b.7 MAR 1713/14
Facts and Events
William Snodgrass was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
- Page 3. February 10, 1769. William Snograss to William Snodgrass, Jr., son of William Snodgrass, Sr. 5 shillings. 140 acres on the waters of the James River, on the west side of said River.
- Page 4. February 13, 1769. William Snodgrass and Isabella his wife of the County of Botetourt to William Snodgrass, Jr., his son. 100 pounds. 140 acres in the County of Augusta on the waters of the James River, and on the west side of said River. Witnesses: James Snodgrass, Robert McClanahan, Robert Snodgrass. USGenWeb Archives
- Snodgrass, William. Will probate June 1791.
- Names wife, Isabella, and children: Joseph, James, William, John, Susan Tweedy, Jain Fisher, Margaret Steel, Isabella McClenahan, and Ellnor George.
- [Source: Early Marriages, Wills and some Revolutionary War Records, Botetourt County, Virginia, Compiled by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 63].
Snodgrass, William Sr. - b 7 Mar 1714 - d 15 Dec 1790 Bot Co (admr. bond) - ref WB A p291, will dated 18 Dec 1789 admr bond - wife Isabella; ch Joseph, James, William, John, Susan (m TWEADY); Jain (md. FISHER); Margaret (md STEEL); Isabella (md McClenachan); Elinor (md. GEORGE) - admr Joseph Snodgrass