Facts and Events
William Rhea, Jr. was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of William Rhea
- #99- GREEN CO., KY WILL BOOK 2, 107-108.* Will of William Rhea (Jr.), son of William Reah/Reagh/Rhea of Augusta and Bath Counties. proved September 20, 1824. "My children have all married and I having divided all my estate among them except what is hereafter divided think it unnecessary to mention them as it is my will and pleasure that my son William Rhea in consideration of my being indebted to him have all the right, title, benefit and interest I have in a suit in Chancery now defending in the Green County Circuit Court against the heirs and representatives of Wm. Brownlee, decd... It is further my will that my son William Rhea...have all the property of what kind soever that would be coming to me upon the death of my granddaughter Elizabeth Hutcheson agreeable to the will of her father and mother..."Son, William Rhea, executor.
William Rhea, William Gill, in Green Co., KY
- The Green County, Kentucky, Order Book #3 (1800-1804), p. 145, carries the following entries:
- Court of March 26, 1804: The Last Will & Testament of Will Gill decd. Proved and is ordered [recorded]… On the mostion of William Brownlee, certificate is granted him to obtain a probate of the Last Will and Testament of William Gill deceased whereupon he together with John C. Allen and William Rhea enter into and acknowledge bond in the penalty of 300 as the Law directs and had the proper oath administered to him.
- Ordered that Samuel Jones, Joseph Meredith, William Vance and Reubin Vaughn or any three of them being first sworn to appraise the estate and slaves if any of William Gill, Deceased and report to the next court.
Records of William Rhea, Jr. in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 469.--16th March, 1779. James Rhea and Elizabeth ( ) to James Bratton, on Mill Creek, a branch of Calfpasture, by patent, 27th August, 1770. Line of William Rhea, Jr. Delivered to Samuel Clarke, Esq., for Andrew Bratton, heir of James Bratton, 23d February, 1836.
- CHALKLEY, 2:21. * Executions. September, 1796 (H to T). "William Rhea and William Martin intend, 3rd September, 1796, for Kentucky this fall."
- Chalkley,2:428.* Fee Books. Insolvents and Delinquents, 1802. "Archibald Rhea, to Kentucky; William Rhea, Jr., Kentucky."
Information on William Rhea
Husband: William RHEA, JR.
Born: BET. 1745 - 1760 at: Augusta Co VA
Married: ABT. 1784 at:
Died: 20 SEP 1824 at: Greenup Co KY
Other Spouses: Mary Elizabeth GAY
Wife: Elizabeth BROWNLEE
Born: ABT. 1753 at:
Died: BEF. 1820 at:
Name: John RHEA
Died: 1812 at:
Name: Alexander RHEA
Married: 25 MAR 1813 at:
Spouses: Polly Mary ALLEN
Name: Clarissa RHEA
Married: 28 FEB 1822 at:
Spouses: Daniel MINTON
Name: Narcissa RHEA
Spouses: Moses BLAKEMAN William DILLS
Name: Elizabeth RHEA
Born: 17 AUG 1783 at:
Married: 22 JUL 1800 at:
Spouses: Charles GUMM
Name: William RHEA, III
Born: 1790 at:
Spouses: Tamar MCKINNEY Isabel ABNEY
Name: Thomas RHEA
Born: 6 OCT 1798 at:
Spouses: Mary Winn BULLOCK