William Alexander Reese, M. D.
Facts and Events
||William Alexander Reese, M. D.
||Alexander William Reese, M. D.
||18 Aug 1828
||Indiana, United States
||South Hanover, Jefferson, Indiana, United States
||13 Sep 1857
||Pleasant Hill, Cass, Missouri, United Statesby Rev. R. S. Symington
to Ellen Marie Cobb
||Grand Pass, Saline, Missouri, United StatesRegistered for draft
||30 May - 12 Nov 1864
||Missouri, United Statesa major and surgeon in Gen. Serman’s army - 31st MO Inf., 1st Brigade, 1st Div, 15th Army Corps
||22 Oct 1867
||Preble, Ohio, United Statesto Susanna Eby Baile
||Johnson, Missouri, United States
||Wyandotte, Kansas, United States
||6 Sep 1905
||Kansas City, Jackson, Missouri, United States
||attended Hanover College, Indiana
||Presbyterian, Church of the Brethren (minister)
||Pleasant Hill, Cass, Missouri, United States
- ↑ Reece Family Documents, Record of the Symington Family, Secondary quality.
Alexander William Reese, b. 18 Aug 1828
- ↑ South Hanover, Jefferson, Indiana, in United States. 1840 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Reese, John, 1 m 5-9 [Robert], 1 m 10-14 [Alexander], 1 m 15-19 [unknown], 1 m 40-49 [John], 2 m 50-59 [unknown], 2 f under 5 [Mary, Charlotte], 2 f 5-9 [Nancy, Sarah], 1 f 30-39 [Elizabeth]; 2 engaged in manufacturing
- ↑ South Hanover, Jefferson, Indiana, in United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, HH 370, Fam 383, Primary quality.
Reese, John, 54, male, blacksmith, RE = $700, b. KY
, Wm. A. 21, male, student, b. IN, at school
, Sarah E., 20, female, b. IN
, Elizabeth, 43, female, b. KY
, Robert S., 18, male, student, b. IN, at school
, Nancy, 16, female, b. IN, at school
, Charlotte A., 14, female, b. IN, at school
, Mary J., 12, female, b. IN, at school
, Martha J., 8, female, b. IN, at school
, Mira E., 4, female, b. IN
- ↑ Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System. (National Park Service), Secondary quality.
Name: Alexander W. Reese
Regiment State/Origin: Missouri
Regiment Name: 31 Missouri Infantry
Regiment Name Expanded: 31st Regiment, Missouri Infantry
Rank In: Surgeon
Rank In Expanded: Surgeon
Rank Out: Surgeon
Rank Out Expanded: Surgeon
Film Number: M390 roll 39
- ↑ United States. U.S. Civil War Soldier Records and Profiles, Secondary quality.
Alexander W Reese
Enlistment Date: 30 May 1864
Rank at enlistment: Surgeon
State Served: Missouri
Survived the War?: Yes
Service Record: Commissioned an officer in Company S, Missouri 31st Infantry Regiment on 30 May 1864.
Mustered out on 12 Nov 1864.
Sources: Index to Compiled Military Service Records
Official Army Register of the Volunteer Force 1861-1865
- ↑ Missouri, 6th Congressional District, in United States. Civil War Draft Registrations Records, 1863-1865, Vol 3, Class 2/3, July and August 1863, Primary quality.
[lost in fold] Grand Pass
Reese, Alexander W., 35, Physician, b. IN, no former military service
- ↑ 1905, Wyandotte, Wyandotte, in Kansas, United States. State Census Collection, 1855-1925, HH 529, Fam 533, Primary quality.
Reese, A. W., 76, b. IN, Physician, owns home free of mtg, came to Kansas from MO
, Mrs. S., 61, b. MD
, Effie, 32, b. MO
, Nancy, 22, b. MO, stenographer
- ↑ Warrensburg, Johnson, Missouri, in United States. 1880 U.S. Census Population Schedule, HH 169, Fam 170, Primary quality.
Reese, A. W., 51, married, Physician, b. IN, both parents b. KY
, Susannah E., 35, wife, keeping house, b. MD, both parents b. MD
, Lizzie L., 22, dau, at school, b. MO
, Gertrude, 18, dau, at school, b. MO
, Sallie B., 10, b. MO
, Effie C., 8, b. MO
, Minnie V., 6, b. MO
, Paul 4, son, b. MO
, Mark, 1 month, b. May, son, b. MO
Gibson, Henretta, 23, single, servant, b. MO, both parents b. OH
Fry, Elias, 22, single, laborer, b. IN, both parents b. IN
Hartzell, Wm., 60, widower, laborer, b. Germany, both parents b. Germany
Schishler, P. (male), 45, single, laborer, b. Austria, both parents b. Germany
- ↑ Eby, Ezra E. A biographical history of the Eby family: being a history of their movements in Europe during the Reformation and of their early settlement in America; as also much other unpublished historical information belonging to the family. (Berlin, Ontario, Canada : Hett & Eby, printers, 1889), p. 129, Secondary quality.
Susannah Baile is married to A. W. Reese, and resides near Warrensburg Missouri. They are both members of the Brethren Church. He is a minister of the Gospel. Their children are as follows: Sallie, Effie, Minnie, Paul, Mark, Nancy and Sussie.
- ↑ Family Bible in Record of the Symington Family, in Reece Family Documents, Primary quality.
Alexander William Reese
September 6" 1905 - aged
77 years and 18 days