Facts and Events
William Price was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Estate Records of William Price
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 16, 1758. - (179) John and Elizabeth Price, orphans of Wm. Price, to be bound out. Philip Williams orphan of Henry Williams, to be bound to Augustine Price.
- Vol. 2 - Page 208.--16th August, 1758: Elizabeth, daughter to Wm. Price, bound to Jacob Nicklos.
- Vol. 2 - Page 212.--24th August, 1758: Orphan John Price bound to James Waite.
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- 1749, April 18th- (Patent to) - William Price, 200 (acres), on Hawk's Bill Gap, near (Robert) Martin's land. (Note: Hawksbill Gap is located near the South Branch of the North River, a branch of the Shenandoah River).
Records of William Price in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - DELINQUENTS - 1753-4-- Wm. Price, out of County.