Facts and Events
William Ooley was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 418.--18tb November, 1760. Jacob Cunningham's appraisement, by Jno. McCown, Jno. Willey, Andrew Hays--The following notes against Daniel and Samuel Lyle, Edward Fearis, Wm. Davis, Jno. Delap, James Brains, Francis McCown, Robert Moore, Francis Randall, Neaiell McClister, Robert McKeney, David Tallford, James and John Gilmer, Jno. Dunlap, French McKown, Wm. Olley, Richd. Brush, Samuel Horad, Alex. Dell, Edward Bovill, 1 neager fellow.
- Page 435.--21st October, 1765. Sale bill recorded of William Culberts, by Wm. Gilmore, administrator, to, viz: Mary Brown, Margaret McCown, Patrick Denny, Andw. Fitzpatrick, Mary Boyls, Mary Ann Crawford, Jas. Logan, Wm. McCanless, David Guin, Jane Scot, Wm. Ooley, Jno. Selone, Jas. McCampbell, Richard McGee, Jean Muldrach, Alex. Dale, Chas. Boyles. Paid William Naper, Jannet Gilmore, Samuel Norwood, Blakeley Brush, Isabell Summers, Elizabeth Woods, Mary McCown, Sarah Davis, John Hays, Cryer of Vendue; James McNabb.
- Page 496.--17th March, 1767. Vendue recorded of Francis McCown's estate to, viz: Wm. Naper, David Dredan (vid Dryden), James Bets, Richd. Bush, Pat. McCampbell, Wm. Taylor, David Gum, Wm. Napen (Naper?), David Quin, William Wooley, Wm. Culbert. Settlement of above estate--Paid Jno. McNabb, Francis Randalls, Robt. McKeney, Saml. Gest, James Telford.
- ↑ Ancestry.com.
Virginia Census, 1607-1890
Name: William Wooley
County: Botetourt County
Township: Frazers Dist
Record Type: Tax List
Database: VA Early Census Index
- ↑ Garrad County Will Book A, in McAdams, Ednah Wilson. Kentucky pioneer and court records, abstracts of early wills, deeds and marriages from court houses and records of old bibles, churches, grave yards, and cemeteries copied by American war mothers, genealogical material collected from authentic sources: records from Anderson, Bourbon, Boyle, Clark, Estill, Fayette, Garrard, Harrison, Jessamine, Lincoln, Madison, Mercer, Montgomery, Nicholas and Woodford counties. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1968), 41, Secondary quality.
William Wooley - Will Book A, p 192 - children: William, Chrisley, Henry, Peter, Mary Hambleton, Michael Wooley's heirs, John Wooley's heirs, David Wooley & daughter, Margaret Wooley. Exec: Crisley Wooley, Henry Wooley and William Hambleton. Written 6 Mar 1797. Probated Sep Court, 1804. Witnesses: Alex Cains, James Guthrie and William Wooley.
- ↑ http://www.mytrees.com/ancestry/Virginia/Born-1746/Oo/Ooley-family/William-Ooley-ca001457-609.html
- ↑ http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~bstevens/wooley.html#anchor611119
Help fund new features!