Facts and Events
||to Mary Leeper
William McMullin was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 136.--16th May, 1759. James McConall (McConnald) to Wm. McMullen (McMillin), £10, 100 acres, part of a large tract. Teste: James Leeper, Josua Russell. Delivered: Wm. McMullen, January, 1762.
- Page 76.--19th November, 1760. James Anderson to Wm. McMillen, £70, 120 acres on Woods Creek of north branch of North River of Shanandore. Teste: John, John and Robert Anderson. Delivered: McMillen, November, 1762.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 295.--19th April, 1763. William McMullin and Mary ( ) to John Hinds, £65, 120 acres on North Branch North River Shanando called Woods Creek. Teste: Jonathan Douglass. Delivered: John Hinds, May 11, 1764.
- Page 6.--5th October, 1764. William McMillen ( ) to James Blair, £10, 100 acres, part of a larger tract. Teste: Francis Brown, Samuel Black, James Patterson. Delivered: James Blair, August, 1766.
Records of William McMullin in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - FEE BOOKS OF AUGUSTA COURT - 1759 - page 36, Robert Young, son of John; William McMullen, near Waterson's. (listed among many others)
- Page 115.--16th May, 1759. James Leeper to his son, James Leeper. £5 on Naked Creek of North River patented to James, Sr.. one patent 12th July, 1746. part of patent 26th April. 1746, containing 230 acres. Teste: Michael Dickey. Delivered Wm. McMullin, July 1761.
- Vol. 1 - APRIL 20, 1763. - (31) James Reaburn complains that William McMullen does not provide clothes nor teach a trade to his apprentice, Henry Reaburn.
- Vol. 1 - JUNE 25, 1763. - (211) Complaint of James Reaburn vs. Wm. McMollen, for ill-using his apprentice, Henry Reaburn, is dismissed as frivolous.
- Page 443.--22d October, 1765. Margaret Leeper's settlement, recorded of estate of James Leeper--Paid to the heirs, viz: To Isiah Curry, Andrew Leeper, Wm. McMullen, Geo. Leeper, Jno. Seawright, Nicholas Leeper. Jno. Leeper. Margaret Leeper, Jr., Saml. Henderson, Jas. Leeper, Jr., in his life time.
- Vol. 2 - 1767--Constables: Fras Graham, Jno. Griffith, Jos. Dennis, Thos. Cartmil, Solomon Carpenter, Wm. Jemmison, Jno. Clark, Charles Campbell, Wm. McMullen, Wm. Paxton, Hugh Hicklin, James Young.
- Page 511.--20th March, 1767. Settlement of Johnston Hill's estate, recorded--Paid James Haith; credit by Aney Hill, John Pheus, Daniel Ponder, Chas. Davis, Hugh McGary, Wm. McMullen, Robt. Hill, Chas. Smith, Peter Watkins, Solomon Turpin, James Lawrence.
- Page 319.--11th March, 1768. David Robinson and Annable to Francis Smith, £440, 300 acres (two hundred of which is part of 400 conveyed to David by George Robinson 29th November, 1749, and the remaining 100 acres known by name of the Saw Mill place was reconveyed by William Graham to said David Robinson, on Buffelow Creek, branch of Roan Oak; corner Robert Breckinridge; corner Thomas Moore. Teste: Mathew Ralston, Wm. McMullen, James Hutcheson. Delivered: Thos. Madison, by Francis Smith's order, March, 1772.