Facts and Events
William McFarland was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 22, 1774. - (433) William McFarland, no inhabitant.
- Vol. 1 - JUNE 20, 1775. - (76) Alexr. Gibson petitions that William McFarland, his son-in-law, has moved out of the Colony, and his children are not properly provided for, viz: Isabella, Alexander, James, Mary, Daniel, Eleanor and John.--They are to be bound to said Alexander, their grandfather.
- Page 178.--15th July, 1782. Alexander Gibson's will--Executor, son Alexander; to wife, Mary, to be maintained by son Alexander; to daughter, Christian, unmarried; to daughter, Mary, unmarried; to daughter, Margaret, unmarried; to grandson, Daniel Gibson; to grandchildren, Elenor McFarland, Daniel McFarland, John McFarland, Ann McFarland; to grandchildren, Isabella, Alexander, James, and Mary McFarland. Teste: John Elliot, Elizabeth Elliot, Elizabeth Gibson. Proved, July Court, 1795 (purporting to be a former will), by John and Elizabeth Elliott and recorded on motion of Alex. Gibson, Jr.
- Page 171.--6th September, 1794. Alexander Gibson's will--To wife, Mary; to children, viz: Elizabeth, Christian, Mary Mowrey, Margaret; to grandson, Daniel Gibson. who is to make deed to Daniel McFarling for his tract on Christian's Creek; to John McFarling; to grandson Edward Atkins; to granddaughter, Sarah Allen (I believe is her name, but Mrs. Haladay knows her); to granddaughter, Ann McFarling; to granddaughter, Elizabeth Congo (Cargo?); to grandson, Samuel Cargo; to Daniel McFarling. Executors. Robert Porterfield, Henry Mowrey. Teste: Jas. Hill, Daniel McFarland, Christian Gibson. Proved, 16th June, 1795, by James Hill Daniel McFarlin. Executors refuse to execute, widow also. Administration granted Alexander Gibson, son to decedent. (Note: Alexander Gibson had two different wills listed in Chalkley's, listing the children of William McFarland, his son-in-law).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ancestry.com/Ancestry Family Trees: Public Members Trees.
Help fund new features!