Facts and Events
William Lyons was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Will of Thomas Lyons (brother of William), written 8th day of July 1806:
- I, Thomas Lyons, of Greenville, in Augusta County, and State of Virginia, under apprehension of approaching death, do make this my last will and testament. It is my will that my brother, William Lyons, of the Town, County and State aforesaid, shall, after paying all my just debts, receive and possess all my estate, real and personal, wheresoever it may be found.
- Vol. 2 - John B. Christian vs. Lyons--O. S. 404; N. S. 147--Bill, 1821. In 1802 Adam Hawpo of Augusta died, intestate, leaving widow Catherine, now wife of _____ Lyons, and children, viz: Rudolph, George, Elizabeth, wife of James Williamson. Adam had brother John. Catherine was daughter of George A. Coiner. (Note: spelling on Catherine's 1st husband s/b "Adam Hawpe", before her marriage to William Lyons)
- Vol. 2 - SEPTEMBER, 1808 (A to G). - Rosanah Donnelly, infant, by father John Donelley, vs. John Christian--Slander. Wm. Lyons is about to remove from Virginia, 17th August, 1808.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 .
- Ancestry.com/Ancestry Family Trees: Public Members Trees.