Facts and Events
William Lockridge was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of William Lockridge
From Bath County, Virginia Wills:
- pg. 123. Will of William Lockridge of Bath. Dated Aug. 10, 1798
- Wit: William Youel, Robert Lockridge and John Montgomery.
- Probated December, 1798 Court
- Exec: wife and brother Andrew
- Beq: to wife Elizabeth 1/3 of lands for her lifetime, including the Negroes
- to daughter Ginny all real and personal estate "provided my wife shall not be delivered of a living child by me"
- If there is a son, all lands to him; if a daughter, all lands and personal estate equally divided