Facts and Events
William Lockhart was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Vol. 2 - Joseph Switzer and Elizabeth, late Lockhart; Joseph Polk and Mary, his wife, late Lockhart; Margaret and Susanna Lockhart, coparceners ["joint heirs"] of William Lockhart, deceased, vs. Graham--O. S. 107; N. S. 36--Bill 20th July, 1804. William died after 1787. [Note: this suit appears to be brought by children of Patrick Lockhart, brother of William. More research needed].
- William Lockhart
- Birth: 1735 in Of, Augusta, VA
- Death: 1795 in Rich Valley, Washington, VA
- Sex: M
- Father: James Horatio Lockhart b. 1700 in Of, Scotland
- Mother: Margaret ?
- Spouses & Children
- Mary Campbell (Wife) b. 1737 in Arlington, Washington Co., VA/Washington Co., VA
- Marriage: Jun 1761 in Augusta County, Virginia 24 Dec 2002 22:33
- Janet Lockhart b. 1768 in Greene County, Tennessee
- James Lockhart b. About 1762 in Virginia
- Martha Lockhart b. About 1764 in Virginia
- Mary Lockhart b. 12 Mar 1766 in Virginia
- Jane Lockhart b. About 1768 in Virginia
- Elizabeth Lockhart b. About 1771 in Virginia
- Sarah Lockhart b. 1778 in Virginia
Help fund new features!