William Jordan, Jr.
m. bef. 1753
- William Jordan, Jr.bef 1757 -
Facts and Events
||William Jordan, Jr.
William Jordan, Jr. was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 482.--20th May, 1777. David Bell and Florence to William Jordane, Jr., patented to David 16th March, 1771.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 138.-- 17th September, 1779. William ( ) Jordan, Jr., and Mary to John Kingin. Delivered to Jno. Redmon, November Court, 1781, patented to David Bell and by him conveyed to said William. Teste: Thomas Wright, Anthony Johnston, William ( ) Jordan, John Hinging, alias Kinging.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:(unless otherwise listed)
- 1781 - Samuel Redmond, 120 acres between John Chestnut and William Jordan. [Highland County, Virginia Land Holdings in Highland County around the time of the Revolution, http://vagenweb.org/highland/1776land.htm].
- Vol. 1 - MARCH, 1787 (D to K). - William Jordan, Jr., vs. John Williams.--Writ, 28th January, 1787.
- 1787 - Joseph Bell, 120 acres between William Chestnut and William Jordan. [Highland County, Virginia Land Holdings in Highland County around the time of the Revolution, http://vagenweb.org/highland/1776land.htm].
Help fund new features!