William Hudson, of Chester County, PA
Facts and Events
William Hudson was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 393.--29th November, 1749. William Henderson to William Hudson and John Clyde (s/b John Cloyd), of Penna. Above the mouth of Buffalo Creek, 350 acres on the North Branch of James River. Susanna, wife of William Henderson. (Note: it appears based upon the land records listed, that even though William Hudson and John Cloyd acquired this land in Augusta County that they stayed in Chester County, Pennsylvania).
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 456.--10th August, 1753. David Henderson for Wm. Hudson and Jno. Cloyd, both of Chester County, Pennsylvania, to Wm. Henderson 1753, 350 acres on North Branch of James, Buffilo Creek. Livery by a branch of an oak and a handful of earth. Delivered: Walter Davis, January, 1756. Teste: Wm. Lusk.
Information on William Hudson
William Hudson, originally of Whiteland Township, Chester County, Pa., who bought a farm in 1763 in Allen Township, formerly within East Pennsboro Township, Cumberland County, Pa., and also owned a farm in West Pennsboro Township. William Hudson married Jane Cloyd September 26, 1740 at the First Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia, PA.
- 1. George, married Isabella Abernathy, resided at Shade Gap, Pa.;
- 2. Joseph;
- 3. Mary, married Lewis Williams;
- 4. Jane, married James Davidson.
Source: GENEALOGICAL SKETCH OF RAYMOND GREENE, Penn State University Digital Library.
Help fund new features!