- H. William Caldwell Damon1814 - 1884
- W. Maria Bolton (add)
m. 27 Jun 1868
Facts and Events
||William Caldwell Damon
||2 Oct 1814
||Holden, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
||14 May 1839
||Fitchburg, Worcester, Massachusetts, United Statesto Martha Litch
||27 Jun 1868
||Lowell, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United Statesto Maria Bolton (add)
||9 Jun 1884
||Leominster, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
- ↑ Holden, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States. Vital records of Holden, Massachusetts, to the end of the year 1849. (Worcester, Massachusetts: Franklin P. Rice, 1904), p. 29.
DAMAN, William Caldwell, s. Samuel and Kezia, [born] Oct. 2, 1814.
- ↑ Massachusetts, United States. Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910. (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), Vol. 357, p. 415.
Date of Death: June 9 
Name: William C Damon
Age: 69 y. 8 m. 4 d. [birth calculates to 5 Oct 1814]
Place of Death: Holden, Burial at Fitchburg
Place of Birth: Holden Mass.
Parents: Samuel Damon/Keziah R Damon
Birthplaces of Parents: Dedham Mass / Barre Mass
- Worcester, Massachusetts, United States. 1870 U.S. Census Population Schedule, .
Ashburnham, Worcester, Massachusetts, 12 Aug 1870, Dwelling 242, Family 297
Damon, William C, age 56, words in Chair Shop, b. Mass
Damon, Mariah A., age 33, Keeping House, b. Mass
Bolten, Marinda, age 67, No Occupation, b. Mass
- Worcester, Massachusetts, United States. 1880 U.S. Census Population Schedule, .
Leominster, Worcester, Massachusetts, 1 Jun 1880, Dwelling 17, Family 21
Damon, William C (husband), age 65, works in Comb Fact'y, MA/MA/MA
Damon, Miria A (wife), age 43, Housekeeping, MA/MA/MA
Bolton, Beshinda (mother), age 74, Housekeeping, MA/MA/MA
- There are two William Damon, both age 56 in the 1870 census, one married to Lucy, and one married to Mariah. Two William Damon's of similar age died in Leominster near the same time, one in 1883, and one in 1884. Both the death in 1884 and the 1868 marriage to Maria Bolton explicitly include the middle initial C, and identify the parents as Samuel and Keziah. Plus the death record of Frederick B Damon, who identifies his mother as Lucy, gives his father's birthplace as Lunenburg, which matches the birth place of Lunenburg given on the 1883 death record. This all suggests this William married Maria Bolton and the other William Damon of Lunenburg married Lucy Bryant. Thus the death year of 1884 on this Find A Grave memorial appears to be wrong. It should say 1883. It is not this William.
Help fund new features!