Facts and Events
William Curry was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 141.—Patent to William Curry 1st September, 1780, on Mossey Creek, at a place called White Stone.
- Page 410.—20th February, 1787. Samuel Anderson and Sarah to William Curry, part of 137 acres patented to James Anderson, deceased (whose heir by will Samuel is), 1st September, 1780.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 130.--18th March, 1771. William Currey to James Currey, £20, 130 acres in Beverley Manor; corner McCorkel's land; corner James Moody, Andrew Cowan's line; corner William Curry. Teste: George McAfee. Wliliam Cowan. Delivered: James Curry, 1st June, 1773.
Will of William Curry
- Page 180.—27th July, 1802. William Curry's will—To wife, Frances; son, James; son, Alexander; son, Robert; son, Benjamin; daughter, Jean; daughter, Mary; daughter, Elizabeth; to daughter, Margaret. Executors, sons Alexander and Benjamin. Teste: Samuel and Robt. Erwin, Robt. Usher. Proved, 28th March, 1808.
Notes on William Curry
From Rootsweb.com post:
William Curry died before 28 Mar 1808 in Augusta, VA. William married
>Frances. Frances survived her husband.
>They had the following children:
- 1. Jane (Jenny) Curry was born 4 Jan 1768. She died 21 Dec 1828 in Hawkins Co., TN. Jane married (1) George Hood on 20 Jan 1791 in Augusta, VA. George died before 26 Feb 1795 in Augusta, VA. Jane also married (2) Mordecai Bean, son of John Bean on 20 Oct 1795 in Augusta Co., VA. Mordecai was born 6 Jan 1772 in MD. He died 16 Jun 1853 in Hawkins Co., TN.
- 2. James Curry.
- 3. Alexander Curry.
- 4. Robert Curry. Robert married (1) Martha Kennedy on 1 Jan 1788 in Augusta, VA. Robert also married (2) Sarah Young after 19 Mar 1791 in Augusta, VA.
- 5. Benjamin Curry.
- 6. Mary Curry. Mary married (1) George Wright after 14 Mar 1789 in Augusta, VA.
- 7. Elizabeth Curry.
- 8. Margaret Curry.
Note: An Alexander Curry m. an Elizabeth Curry in Augusta Co. VA 9 Oct 1795; I
haven't put in that marriage because of obvious problems with the names. (NOTE: This Alexander Curry was apparently a son of Robert Curry, brother of William Curry.
I'm a descendant of Jane "Jenny" Curry and Mordecai Bean.
Hope this helps!