William Cochran, Sr.
d.10 October 1826
- H. William Cochran, Sr.abt 1740 - 1826
m. est. 1765-70
- Agnes Cochranabt 1774 -
Facts and Events
||William Cochran, Sr.
||31 December 1801
||to Elizabeth Unknown
||10 October 1826
William Cochran was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Agness Paul by Wm. Cochran, Senr., her father and next friend, vs. Audley Paul--Bill for divorce. Audley owns land in Rockbridge and Botetourt, also within two miles of Lexington, Ky.; also in Pennsylvania, devised to him by his father. He is about to remove to Kentucky.
- Vol. 2 - William Cochran of Augusta vs. His Sons, James and William Cochran-- O. S. 246; N. S. 86--William, Sr., had conveyed his property to defendants, who undertook to take care of him. They took him to Harrisonburg, where he got married, and then James and William went to Charlottesville. William, Sr., seeks to enforce a support from his sons. The bill of sale is made 22d December, 1795, by Wm. Cochran, Sr., of Bath County.
- Vol. 2 - Cochran vs. Gray--O. S. 277; N. S. 97--Will of William Cochran of Rockingham. Present wife, Elizabeth Cochran; sons, Samuel, James, William; daughter, Sarah Agnue (wife of Jonathan?); daughter, Mary Maladay (?); daughter, Agnes Paul; daughter, Margaret McCall; Wright Burgess of Staunton, executor. Dated 29th July, 1815. Recorded in Rockingham.
- Vol. 2 - Burgess and wife vs. Magill's executors--O. S. 303; N. S. 108--Bill in May, 1818, by Samuel W. Burgess and Maria, his wife, late Maria Fulton, who died in Rockingham, 1800, testate, leaving widow Elizabeth, son James and daughter Martha. Widow married William Cockran, Sr. In February, 1802, Martha died, leaving oratrix an infant, only issue. In June, 1816, Maria was 14 years old. Will of Thomas Fulton of Rockingham. Wife, Elizabeth; daughter, Martha; son, James; legatee, Eloner Harris (sister?); sister, Elizabeth Fulton. Dated 14th February, 1800. Recorded in Rockingham, April, 1800.
- Vol. 2 - INSCRIPTION ON TOMBSTONES AT THE GLEBE GRAVEYARD ON THE FARM OF THOMAS THOMPSON IN AUGUSTA COUNTY, VA., IN 1902. - William Cochran, died October 10th, 1826; aged 86.
Help fund new features!