- H. William Buntinabt 1718/19 - 1804
m. bef. 1742
- James Buntinbef 1742 - 1780
Facts and Events
William Buntin was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Note: although there does not appear to be a Deed for William Buntin in Chalkley's transcriptions, it appears, based upon other records (listed below) that he may have acquired land nearby (or likely adjoining) his brother, John Buntin. The last record in Chalkley's for William Buntin was in 1771, likely indicating that he had migrated to another area (possibly Kentucky where he died in 1803?), shortly after that date.
Processioning List of 1755
- "Processioning" was the periodic review and agreement of property lines between settler's lands. Processioning Lists are useful in determining the general area of a settler’s lands and their neighbors at specific time periods:
- Vol. 2 - Page 154.--1755: John Risk and John Shields processioned as follows, viz: For Robert Campbell, for James Hunter, for James Trotter, for John Shields, for James McCutchion, for Widow Campbell, for Widow Campbell, for Wm. Hunter, for Saml. McCutchen, for Thos. Berry, for John McCutchion, for David Campbell, for Wm. Campbell, for Wm. Ledgerwood. for James Moffet, for Nathl. Davies, for Nichs. Leeper, for Danl. Downey, for George Peny, for Saml. Sprowl, for Thos. Kirkpatrick, for Jno. Kirkpatrick, for Jno. Risk, for Jno. Risk, for Jno. Risk, for James Clark, for John Shields, Jr., for David Cunningham, for Chas. Berry, for James Callison, for James Marten, for Josiah Richarts, for David Hays, for Alex. McFeeters, for James Gilmore, for James Lockhart, for Alex. Richey, for Jacob Lockhart, for John Peny, for Mathew Willson, for John Willson, for Widow Patterson, for John McCillery, for James McCillery, for Arter Hamilton, for Wm. Buntin, for Robert Gamel, for Jno. Buchanan, for Patrick Cooks (deceased), for David Richey; Wm. Brown (said he was going to leave his land and didn't care about it).
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 656.--28th February, 1749. Same (From William Beverley) to John Wilson, Gent., 306 acres. at North Mountain Meeting House in Beverley Manor. James Lockhart's line; corner William Buntine and Nathaniel Davise. Teste: Charles Campbell.
- Page 12.--__ October, 1760. John Guy's estate settlement (the name is Gay in the order), by Henry Gay, administrator--Sold to Francis Donnally, Martha Guy, Henry Guy, Arthur Greer. widow Savers, Wm. Bunting, Agnes Guy, Jean Moffet, Mary Guy, James Borling, Thos. Brown, Timothy Sullivan. Sundries to Elizabeth Gay, Ann Gay. Paid to John Vance, Nathaniel Lyon, John Neall, John Jamison, James McCoy, Arthur Hamilton, Maj. Brown, Commadore Brown.
- Page 445.--30th October, 1765. Moses McCown's estate appraised, by Richd. Woods Peter Wallace. Wm. Davis--A certificate for 161 days patrolling at 1/10 per day. 4th March, 1766. 2d appraisement by same-- Wm. Bunting owes. Thos. Bates owes. Charles Lockhart owes, Mathew Arbuckle owes. Walter Cowdon (supposed insolvent).
- Page 465.--19th November, 1771. Robert Beverley to David Cunningham, £15, 150 acres in Beverley Manor, corner Wm. Bunton and Alex. Campbell. Delivered Pat. Buchanan. 16th February, 1773.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ancestry.com Public Member Trees.