William Beard, of Roanoke River, VA
- H. William Beard, of Roanoke River, VAbef 1739 -
- W. Daughter Millsbef 1748 -
m. bef. 1767
Facts and Events
||William Beard, of Roanoke River, VA
||to Daughter Mills
William Beard was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Survey in Virginia
- 31 Jan 1755, William Beard, Survey, 200 acres on the waters of the Roanoke. [Kegley's Virginia Frontier].
Records in Virginia
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:(unless otherwise listed)
- Page 110.--15th April, 1755. William Miller's appraisement, by Wm. Carraven, Hugh Mills, Richard Carr--3 bonds on Richard Reed, Edward McDonald; 3 bonds on William Beard, Wm. Miller, Jr. (Note: same William Beard?)
- Pay of militia and for Provisions allowed by the Assembly, 1758..... To William Beard, provisions for Indians, 1 lb, 5 shillings, 2 pence. [Kegley's Virginia Frontier].
- 1759, Bedford Co., VA. Hughes vs. Tilley. Stephen Goggin, Thomas Coope, Robert Allen, William Beard, John Manly (?), Thomas Pate, Robert Jones, Jr., Henry Taylor, William Verdeman, Jr., William Bramblet, Peter Veredeman (sic) and Isaac Woodward sworn to by issue returned verdict for defendant and judged accordingly. William Verdeman took oath as constable. Peter Verdeman allowed two days attendance for Wheeler vs. Peterson (Israel). (Bedford Co., VA, Order Book 1B, p. 119.)
- Vol. 1 - MARCH, 1764 (C). - William Stamps vs. William Beard.--Writ, 28th April, 1763. Defendant lives on Roanoke or New River.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH, 1767. - John Craig vs. William Beard.--24th October, 1765. Defendant is a son-in-law of John Mills.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER, 1768 (C). - William Beard, Dr., to Wm. Thornton.--To dressing 40 deer skins @ 2/. (Note: same William Beard?)