Facts and Events
||bef. 20 May 1766
||Augusta County, Virginia
William Aylor was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Possible Parentage of William Aylor
William Aylor is possibly a son of Hans Jacob "Henry" Aylor, an early Germanna Colony Settler, but this is NOT proven. One of Henry's sons, Heinrich "Henry" Aylor, Jr. also acquired land on the Shenandoah River in early Orange/Augusta County, which may point to him as a possible sibling. More research is necessary to prove any relationship.
Estate Records of William Aylor
- Page 452.--William Owler died before 20th May, 1766, date of recording.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 19, 1766. - (194) Mary Owler qualified admx. of husband. Wm. Owler. John Felts, Michael Cogar, Woolrick Horshman, and Jacob Shell, appraisers of Owler estate.
- Page 452.--19th August, 1766. Mary Owler's bond (with Nichs. Null, Calem Price) as administrator of Wm. Owler.
- Page 482.--17th October. 1766. William Oaler's estate appraised, by Michl. Coger, Jacob Shul), Jno. Fults.
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Willliam Ohler (Eiler), received a patent of 1,900 acres, North side of Shenandoah River, part of 3,000 acres formerly surveyed to James Maxwell. August 3, 1765. [Abstracts of Land Grant Surveys 1761-1791, by Peter Cline Kaylor, of Rockingham Historical Society Harrisonburg, VA 1938, pg. 16].
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 441.--17th August, 1770. William Owler to Michael D(a)ufflemire, £17.10, 181 acres, part of 1900 acres patented to William Owler, deceased, 16th September, 1765, on north side of Shanandore, said Owler's line, corner David Louderback's land. Delivered: Michael Roreck for Dauflemire, 11th June, 1790.
- Page 444.--__ _____, 1770. William Owler to Adam Bowyer, £__, 200 acres on north side Shanandore, part of 1,900 acres patented to William Owler, deceased, 16th September, 1766, pond near Strickler's convey; corner David Lowderback; corner William Mungar. Delivered: Adam Bowyer, August, 1781.
- Page 443.---19th November, 1771. William Oaler to William Munger, £4, 250 acres, part of 1,900 acres patented 16th September, 1765. one Windleverley's corner; Adam Boyer's corner; one Strickler's corner. Delivered to order of grantee's heirs, 6th September, 1804.
- Page 447.--__ ____, 1771. Same (From William Oaler) to Andrew Bartell (Bartill), £5, 230 acres, part of 1,900 acres above, on west side of Shanandore River, corner Windlecoit's land. Delivered.
Records of William Aylor in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - FEBRUARY 19, 1746/7. - (154) Wm. Aylett, Thos. Symster, Wm. Ayler and John Guy, appraisers.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 20, 1752. - (317) William Owler added to list of tithables.
- Page 123.--19th November, 1755. Adam Miller's bond as guardian to Michael Cogar, orphan of Nicholas Cogar, with sureties William Oller (Owler, Wilhelm Ohlner), Henry Miller.
- Page 418.--18tb November, 1760. Jacob Cunningham's appraisement, by Jno. McCown, Jno. Willey, Andrew Hays--The following notes against Daniel and Samuel Lyle, Edward Fearis, Wm. Davis, Jno. Delap, James Brains, Francis McCown, Robert Moore, Francis Randall, Neaiell McClister, Robert McKeney, David Tallford, James and John Gilmer, Jno. Dunlap, French McKown, Wm. Olley, Richd. Brush, Samuel Horad, Alex. Dell, Edward Bovill, 1 neager fellow.
- Page 450.--28th October, 1765. Charles Crosson and Martha to William ______. Teste: Conrad Bloss Harshman, £200, 230 acres on Shanandore River. Teste: Conrad Bloss. Wm. Owler, Michael Coker (Coger).