Walter Wellington Butt
b.13 OCT 1915
Facts and Events
WALTER WELLINGTON BUTT was born on 13 Oct 1915. He appeared on the census of 1920 at 9238 Woodland Avenue, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois. He appeared on the census of 1930 at 834 E 88th St, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois. He enlisted for WWII on 12 Sep 1942 as a warrant officer.
He married ELIZABETH LORRAINE WEBER on 17 Jun 1945 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, at the age of 29. He had a marvelous model railroad in the basement. He worked for National Lead Co and Dutch Boy Paints.
In the 1970s at least, several Butt siblings lived near one another in Chicago Heights, Illinois. Francelia and brother Joseph lived together and next door to brother Walter. Sister Harriett lived a couple blocks down the street.
He died in 1985 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois. He was buried in Cedar Park Cemetery, Chicago.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Madeline Hyde Kowalsky. Hyde/Butt Family Records. (Family Records, 2000).
- ↑ U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946: Walter W Butt. (Enlistment Record), 1942, Primary quality.
- ↑ 1920 US Federal Population Census: Chicago Ward 9, Cook County, Illinois (2), 1920, Primary quality.
- ↑ 1930 US Federal Population Census: Chicago, Cook County, Illinois (3), 1930, Primary quality.
- Scott Black. Scott Black Interview. (Interview, 1997-2006), Secondary quality.
- ↑ Cedar Park Cemetery, Chicago
Help fund new features!