Facts and Events
Ulrich Fulwider was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Ulrich Fulwider's land (Beverley Manor SW, # of acres not specified, date not listed) as shown on the map meticulously drawn by J.R. Hildebrand, cartographer. This map is copyrighted©, used by permission of John Hildebrand, son of J.R. Hildebrand, April, 2009. (Note: the tract labeled as "Fulwiler" in the southwest section of the Beverley Manor Map is undoubtedly one of the two "entries in Beverley's Lands" (Beverley Manor) listed in Ulrich Fulwider's will, as shown below. The number of acres of this tract or exact date of transaction does not seem to appear in the Chalkley's records. The other "entry" was probably the land acquired from William Kerr, listed below).
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 533.-- May, 1779. William Kerr to Ulrick Followider. Delivered to John Folowider, 12th March, 1782.
Will of Ulrich Fulwider
- Page 317.--25th February, 1804. Ulrich Fulwider's will--To wife, Margaret; son, George (two entrys made in Beverly's lands); to five daughters, Margaret Cline, Susanna Bright, Mary Wearly, Betsy Hanger, Catherine Hefner (Margaret and Susanna are dead); son. Henry (?); to Margaret Gaul; son, John (?). Executors, Robert Harris and Margaret Fulwider. Teste: James and Thomas Harris. Proved, November Term, 1809. Margaret qualifies.
Records of Ulrich Fulwider in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Tithables, 1781 - William McPheeters's List: Ulrick Fulwader, Jacob Fulwader. (listed among many others).
- Vol. 1 - JANUARY 15, 1782. - (360) Admn. of estate of Jacob Fulwider granted to Mary, his widow.
- Vol. 1 - JUNE 18, 1782. - (414) Ulrick Fulwider is appointed guardian to Margaret Fulwider, orphan of Jacob Fulwider, deceased.
- Vol. 2 - 18th June, 1782--Woodrick Fulwider, guardian for Margaret Fulwider, orphan of Jacob Fulwider.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1790--June 1, Jacob Weirly and Mary Fulwider, daughter of Ulrich Fullweider (consent); surety, John Falwider.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1791--October 25, George Fallwider and Catherine Carr; surety, Valentine Carr (German).
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1793--March 9, Phill Hafner and Ulerick Fulwider, surety. Phill Hafner and Catharine Fulweider, daughter of Ulerick Fulwyder. Affidavit of Philip that he is 21.
- Page 121.- (undated, appears to be abt. 1794) - Auleric Fulwider, administrator to estate of Jacob Fulwider, deceased.
- Vol. 1 - JUNE 17, 1794. - (119) Margaret Fulwider, orphan of Jacob Fulwider, aged 14, chose Michael Ott guardian
- Vol. 1 - SEPTEMBER 15, 1795. - (363) Michael Ott is about to remove out of the State and will be unable to attend to the duties of guardianship of Margaret Fulwider, who chose John Ott her guardian.
Information on Ulrich Fulwider
Hans Ulrich Fulwider VOLLENWEIDER
Born: 05 DEC 1723 in Kappel, Switzerland
Died: 1809 in Augusta County, VA 1,
Buried: Augusta County, VA
Christening: 05 DEC 1723 Kappel, Switzerland
Help fund new features!