Ulrich Conrad, of the South Branch, Potomac River, VA
Facts and Events
Ulrich Conrad was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 462.--29th May, 1761. Same (Mary Wood, of Frederick, James and Moses Green, of Culpeper), to Uldrick Conrod, £55.12, 278 acres at same place(on North Fork of South Branch of Potowmack), part of 370 acres patented to Robert Green, 12th January, 1746. Delivered to same (Andrew Johnston, June, 1767).
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 462.--18th March, 1777. Ulrick Conrad, Sr., to Ulrick Conrad, Jr., his son, at mouth of Black Thorn on South Branch of Potowmack, 6 acres with mill seat thereon erected, patented to Ulrick 12th May, 1770.
Processioning List of 1767/8
- "Processioning" was the periodic review and agreement of property lines between settler's lands. Processioning Lists are useful in determining the general area of a settlers lands and their neighbors at specific time periods:
- Page 446.--1767-68: Processioned by Joseph Skidmore, Geo. Dice, Henry Banener, viz: For Samuel Morrels, present Wm. Eaverman; for John Skidmore, present Valentine Cassel and Jacob Conrad; for Geo. Caplinger, present Jacob Harper and Jno. Caplinger; for Valentine Giles, deceased, present Geo. Giles; for Peter Flesher, for Henry Banener, for Woolrey Conrad, for George Dice. Processioned by Cornelius Ruddle, David Robeson: For Thomas Bryan, for John Linkhorn, for Robert Belshee, for Wm. Dunlap, for John Miller, for Wm. Pickens; for Mathias Leer, Jos. Leer present; for Tunish Vanpeter, for Abraham Miller, for George Speare, for Skid Muncy's land, for Cornelius Ruddle, for Thomas Moore, for David Robinson. Processioned by John Coutts and John Miller, viz: For John Miller, for John Fudge, for John Munge (Conrad Fudge present), for Geo. Hufman, for Geo. Gunrod, for Henry Dick, for Peter Brunemer, for Henry Lung, for Francis Kirtley, for Christopher Cisling, for Boston Nester, for Jerod Peterfish, for Stephen Hanceberry, for John Sellers, for Jacob Runkle, for Nicholas Null, for Charles Fie, for Daniel Link, for Daniel Price, for David McComis, for John Burk, for Mathias Cersh, for Jacob Hammer.
Records of Ulrich Conrad in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 285.--16th November, 1758. Woolrick Conrod's bond (with Daniel Smith, Jno. Dunkle) as administrator of Hance Conrod. (Note: Hance Conrad was Ulrich's brother).
- Page 190.--2d August, 1773. Estate of Jacob Caplenger, of South Branch, appraised by Jacob Conrad, Jacob Friend, Wolrie Conrad.