Facts and Events
Civil War Service
- Private, Company B, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 18 June 1863
- Reduced in rank from Corporal (date not listed)
- Mustered out 25 July 1865
- Also served in Company G, 60th Ohio Volunteer Infantry S2
- Application 741194; Certificate 836483
- Widow's Pension: Application 1152489, no certificate number listed (an indication that the application was not approved)
- Note on pension index card: "See WO 465784 - IC 905939, Josiah R. Jones, F 130 Pa Inf."
- Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Ohio, United States. Death Certificate. (Ohio, United States), cert. 2006 (1920).
Help fund new features!