Thomas B. Williams
Facts and Events
||Thomas B. Williams
Civil War Service
- Private, Company D, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 15 August 1862
- Appointed Corporal 24 August 1863
- Reduced 5 November 1864
- Mustered out 20 June 1865 at Knoxville, Tennessee
- NOTE: There are two Thomas Williams in Company D, the other one being Thomas Williams (no middle initial).
Note: There is only one Thomas Williams in Company D listed in the Organization Index. It is unclear if it refers to this Thomas or to the other one. Application 866357, certificate 961060. "Dropped Apr. 16, 1918. Failure to claim." Source: 
- ↑ Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- ↑ United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).