Facts and Events
Thomas Taylor was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Estate Records of Thomas Taylor
- Page 145.--17th May, 1749. Elizabeth Taylor 's bond as administratrix of Thomas Taylor, with sureties Thomas Paxton and Thomas Paxton, Jr.
- Page 164.--18th August, 1749. Thomas Taylor's inventory and appraisement by Nathaniel Evans, Wm. Caruthers, Mathew Lisle.
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Orange County, Virginia Records:
- 13 March 1745 - Land Survey for Thomas Taylor for 285 acres on Cedar Creek, by Thomas Lewis, Surveyor. [Orange County Virginia Deed Book 10, Dorman, pg. 53].
Records of Thomas Taylor in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley's Augusta County Records:
- Page 52.--9th March, 1745-6. Francis McCewn, yeoman, to Robert Erwin, yeoman, £12 current money; 200 acres, part of 728 acres (vid. 1, p. 48, for description). Witnesses. Charles Wilson, Samuel Norwood Thomas Taylor. Acknowledged by Francis and Margaret, his wife, 14th April, 1746.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 17, 1748. - (48) Thomas Taylor bound to peace towards Jude Stoner, neither appearing--dismissed.
- Page 61.--Ditto (18th November, 1752). Same (From James Patton) to Robert Poage, 104 acres by patent as above, on Cedar Creek in Forks of James; corner Thomas Taylor's line; McDowell's land; corner Wm. Mills.
- Page 75.--16th November, 1762. Robert Poage and Jean to William Poage. 104 acres on Cedar Creek in Forks of James; cor. Thomas Taylor, McDowell's land; cor. William Mull's land. Delivered: Robert Poage, Sr., 3d March, 1768.
Help fund new features!