m. 17 NOV 1864
m. 15 JAN 1908
Facts and Events
Thomas Hendrix Sr. was born May 16th, 1884, a twin brother to Grover Cleveland Tarbet. He was the 12th child and 9th son of John Walker and Nancy Elizabeth Kenning Tarbet. Tom. as he was called, grew up on the family farm, and also worked at his father's General Store. He attended the Robinson school in the Kirby community. He moved with his family to Rule Texas in 1900, where he began his lifelong career as a farmer.
He married Flossie Hendrix (b. Sept 13, 1891 ) on Jan 15, 1908 and had two sons, Thomas Hendrix Jr. and Price Keith. Flossie's mother was of the Bacon family of English heritage. In 1916 they moved to Dawson Co. TX and paid $160 down on 160 acres of land about 8 miles south of Lamesa, TX. With the remaining $1440 to be paid over nine years. Tom farmed with horses until he bought a small Ford tractor in the 1940s He sold the farm in Dawson Co. for $75 per acre around 1950 when he retired and left the immediate area due to Flossie's health. They lived at Merkel and Anson TX for a while, and returned to Ackerly TX. for his final years.
Flossie died on Oct 27, 1952, and is buried in the Ackerly Cemetery. T.H. later married Millie, the widow of his twin brother Grover.
Tom and Millie moved to a rest home in Iowa Park, TX just west of Witicha Falls, TX. He died Oct 27, 1967 while in Iowa Park., 15 years to the day of Flossie's death.
(Source) Don Tarbet's book "The "T" Trail.