Facts and Events
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Richard Park, in Anderson, Robert Charles; George F. Sanborn; and Melinde Lutz Sanborn. The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England, 1634-1635. (NEHGS, 1999-2011), 5:362.
Thomas Park, b. say 1626.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Thomas Parke, in Parks, Frank Sylvester. Genealogy of the Parke families of Massachusetts, including Richard Parke, of Cambridge, William Park, of Groton, and others. (Washington: unknown, 1909), 34-35.
Thomas2 Parke, (Richard1), was born in England about 1628-9, and probably came to America with his father in the ship "Defence" in 1635, although his name does not appear on the passenger list. He died Aug. 11, 1690. He was a farmer, and his house was near Bruce's (or Bemis's) mill on the bank of the Charles river. He married Abigail Dix, Dec. 1, 1653, a daughter of Edward and Jane (Wilkinson) Dix. She was born May 21, 1637, and died Feb. 3, 1691. The Town Records of Cambridge, under date of April 12, 1665, say that Thomas Parkes was chosen a Constable "for the yeare ensuing." He was admitted Freeman of Cambridge, May 31, 1671. He settled upon the 600 acre tract formerly owned by his father. His estate was divided among his heirs in 1693-4. It then comprised 722 acres and part of a corn-mill on Smelt brook erected by Lt. John Spring.
- ↑ Thomas Parke, in Savage, James. A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England: Showing Three Generations of Those Who Came Before May, 1692, on the Basis of Farmer's Register. (Boston: Little, Brown, and Co, 1860-1862), 3:348.
Thomas (Parke), Newton, s. of Richard the first, prob. b. in Eng. m. 1 Dec. 1653, Abigail, d. of Edward Dix, had Thomas, b. 2 Nov. 1654; John, 6 Sept. 1656; Abigail, 3 Mar. 1658; Edward, 8 Apr. 1661; Richard, 21 Dec. 1663; Sarah, 21 Mar. 1666; Rebecca, 13 Apr. 1668; Jonathan, 27 Aug. 1670; and Eliz. 28 July 1679; was freem. 1671, and d. 1690. Abigail m. 9 Dec. 1679, John Fiske; Sarah m. 4 Aug. 1686, John Knapp 2d; Rebecca m. 1686, John Sanger; and Eliz. m. John Holland.
- ↑ Newton, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States. Vital Records of Newton, Massachusetts, to the Year 1850. (Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1905), 486.
Park, Thomas, [died] Aug. 11, 1690.
- ↑ Bond, Henry, M.D. Family Memorials. Genealogies of the Families and Descendants of the Early Settlers of Watertown, Massachusetts, Including Waltham and Weston (1855): To Which Is Appended the Early History of the Town. With Illustrations, Maps and Notes. (Boston, Mass.: Little, Brown, and Company, 1855), p. 866.
"Thomas Park was a witness in Court, June 1679, then aged 50, showing that he was born 1629." At the division of his estate 3 Oct 1691, the following children are named: John (eldest), Richard, Edward, Jonathan, Abigail Fiske, Sarah Knapp, Rebecca Sanger, Elizabeth Park.