- Thomas O'Neal1740 - 1801
Facts and Events
There are 3 vital records available on MyHeritage for Thomas O'Neal, including birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Vital records are historical records that are typically recorded around the actual time of the event, which means they are likely accurate.
Vital records include information like the event date and place, and the person's occupation and residence.
Vital records also often include information about the person's relatives.
For example, birth and marriage records include names of parents and divorce records list the names of children.
See all vital records for Thomas O'Neal
Thomas O'Neal was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 472.--21st July, 1773. John Hamilton, late of Augusta, to Thomas O'Neal, surrender of mortgage and quit claim, tract surveyed for John O'Neal, deceased, under the North Mountain, which descended to Thomas as only son of John. Teste: John McClenachan, William Elliott, Margaret ( ) Elliott.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 10.--29th March, 1762. Thomas Neal (O'Neal, Peel) to John Hamilton, £30, tract between Thomas Gordon and John Megery that John Neel formerly lived on, now the property of Thomas Neal, his only son. Mortgage.
- Page 772.--4th September, 1764. Thomas O'Neal to Archibald (Ersbald) Hopkins, £4, 27 acres on a branch of Muddy Creek; corner Wood's land. Teste: Ephraim Love, Jno. Hopkins, Geo. Baxter.
- Page 41.--19th August, 1777. Thomas O'Neal to Henry Henry. Delivered: Jesse Harrison, March, 1783.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - MAY 28, 1751. - (569) John O'Neal and his son, Thomas, presented for larceny.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 16, 1757. - (305) Thos. O'Neal, 16 years old, chose his guardian.
- Page 185.--16th March, 1757. John Hinton's bond (with Daniel Harrison, Sampson Archer) as guardian (chosen) to Thomas O'Neal (aged 16), orphan of John O'Neal.
- Vol. 1 - JUNE 17, 1757. - (379) Thomas O'Neal, aged 16 years and 6 months, agrees to serve as apprentice to Henry Murray.
- Page 156.--6th February, 1762.--James Litster's estate sold to, viz. James Ward, Geo. Wilson, Mathew Reed, Wm. Cabeen, Chas. Donnally, Ro. Armstrong, Edward Long, Pat. Cunningham, Andw. Greer, Thos. Fulton, Margt. Cameron, Jno. Stewart, Ro. Reed, Geo. Francisco, David Bell, Wm. Poage, Wm. Crow, Luke Bowyer, Abraham Thornton. Wm. Henderson, Jno. Buchanan, Thos. O'Neal, Alex. Gibson, Alex. Wright, Jno. Francis, James Simpson, Geo. Weaver, Philip Helveston, Jno. King, Geo. Anderson, Rev. Mr. Craige, Andw. Russell, Saml. Caldwell, Joseph Roberts, Jno. Gregory, Jno. Lucas, Mathew Clark, Jno. Anderson, Jr., James Robinson, Jacob Parsinger, Saml. Moore, Christopher Vinyard, Thos. Patterson, the Widow Bell, Ralph Gorrell, Jos. Russell, James Gilmore, Simon Robertson, James Hughes.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 International Genealogical Index. (LDS Church, 1999-2005).