Thomas Morrow, of Halifax Co, VA
Facts and Events
WorldConnect entry credits research of Margaret Behnke for the following:
- 1762, Albemarle Co, VA: David Lewis of St. Ann’s Parish says Thomas Morrow and John Small owe him money.
- 5 Aug 1772 or 1773, Albemarle Co, VA: Thomas Morrow of St. Ann Parish and wife Rebecca to Nathaniel Harlow, for 50 pounds, 100 acres.
- 7 Nov 1772 or 1777: 165 acres on Little Sycamore Creek transferred to Thomas Morrow.
- Sept 13, 1777, Henry Co, VA: Thomas Morrow signs oath of allegience.
- 1778, 1779, 1780, Henry Co, VA: Thomas Morrow and various Smalls listed on Henry Co, VA tax list.
- 26 Jul 1782, Henry Co, VA: Thomas Morrow appointed ensign to Matthew Small, Captain of Henry Co, VA militia.
- 1782-1801 - various Henry Co, VA transactions
- 1803, Wayne Co, KY tax list: Thomas taxed w/ no real estate, 1 male 21+, 1 16-21, 1black over 16, and 5 horses and mules.
- 1808 Wayne Co, KY tax list: Thomas has 2 males 16+, 1 black, 4 horses/mules.
A descendant of Thomas matches descendants of a group known as the Crosswoods/Oaks Morrows. The match is 25/25 and 35 or 36/37 markers, suggesting at least an 89% chance of a common ancestor in the last 12 generations. See Group 4 on this list of participants.
Help fund new features!