Facts and Events
||Thomas R. Meadors
||Anson, North Carolina, United Statesplace of birth needs to be questioned
||"probably" Cherews, Chesterfield, South Carolina, United States
||date based on birth of daughter Mary
||16 Oct 1794
||Franklin (county), Virginia, United StatesQuestionable -- see text
||Knox, Kentucky, United Stateslisted in the minutes of Cumberland River Baptist Church; Elizabeth is listed in Dec 1808
||Whitley, Kentucky, United StatesCharter member of Baptist Church at Redbird, along with John Meadors
||Knox, Kentucky, United States
||28 Nov 1818
||Whitley, Kentucky, United States
||Whitley, Kentucky, United Statesheirs named in court
||8 No 1827
||Whitley, Kentucky, United Statesheirs had land surveyed for their mother
||Whitley, Kentucky, United StatesOld Jellico Creek Cemetery
There are 2 vital records available on MyHeritage for Thomas Meadows, including birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Vital records are historical records that are typically recorded around the actual time of the event, which means they are likely accurate.
Vital records include information like the event date and place, and the person's occupation and residence.
Vital records also often include information about the person's relatives.
For example, birth and marriage records include names of parents and divorce records list the names of children.
See all vital records for Thomas Meadows
- ↑ Src: Parker-Wernet Database.
- ↑ Colleen Wilburn, 11 Dec 1999, in Meadows Family email, Questionable quality.
- ↑ Ancestral File, Questionable quality.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Meadows Update, in Knox County Genealogical Society (Louisville, Kentucky). Knox County, Kentucky kinfolk. (Louisville, Kentucky: Knox County Genealogical Society [Kentucky], 1977?]-), Vol. 10:04; FHL #976.9125 D25k , Oct 1986, Secondary quality.
Information from M. R. “Russ” Meadors of Indianapolis, IN
Thomas Meadows, and Keziah Moberly Children:
4. Thomas, b. 1771, NC, d. 1818, Whitley Co., KY, m. Elizabeth Todd (b. 27 Sep 1779 in N.C., d. 18 Apr 1861, buried Old Jellico Cemetery.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Hieronymus, Goldie Smith. Descendants of Nathaniel Smith, Knox/Whitley County, Kentucky: son of Elijah Smith, Revolutionary War patriot from New Jersey and Virginia. (Arlington, Virginia: G.S. Hieronymus, 1982), p. 84.
Minutes of Cumberland River Baptist Church, Knox, KY, 1818 Whitley, KY
4 Sat Nov 1808
The church met according to adjuournment and after worship proceeded to business as follows: . . . . A Door was opened and received by experience Archibald Blake, Thomas Meadows, Elisha Inman, Elias Kidd, Dicy Saunders, Mary Morgan, Morning Inman and Sally Inman and so adjourned until meeting in course.
29 Dec 1808
The church met according to adjournment and after worship the church proceeded to business as follows: 1st. A Door was opened and received by experience Thomas Inman, Joseph Sanders, Nancy Saunders, Nobel Blake, Elizabeth Meadows, and on the 4th Sat. Dec the church met again and received by experience Jay Day and Rachel North. So adjourned till 4th Sat. Jan.
Most of the members of the Cumberland River Church transferred to the Red Bird Baptist Church when it was organized in 1810. Thomas and John Meadors were Charter Members of the newly organized Red Bird Church in Whitley, KY
- ↑ Hieronymus, Goldie Smith. Descendants of Nathaniel Smith, Knox/Whitley County, Kentucky: son of Elijah Smith, Revolutionary War patriot from New Jersey and Virginia. (Arlington, Virginia: G.S. Hieronymus, 1982), p. 84.
Order Book 1, p. 53, Mar Term, 1819, Whitley, KY
Order that the following persons be certified to the register of the land office as the proper heirs of Thomas Meadows: Tarvie, Polly Shelley, Betsy Campbell, Thomas M. Meadows, William T. Meadows, Pleasant Meadows, Sally Meadows, Nancy W. Meadows, Darky Meadows, Harrison W. Meadows, Jamima Meadowes, and Jane S. Meadows.
- ↑ Knox County, Kentucky, in United States. 1810 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Thomas Meadows Jr., 2 males under 10 [Pleasant W., William Troy], 1 male 10-15 [Thomas Moberly], 1 male 26-44 [Thomas]; 4 females under 10 [Sarah, Nancy, Dorcas, Tarvie?], 1 female 10-15 [Mary “Polly”], 1 female 26-44 [Elizabeth]
also Isom Meadows, Isaiah Meadows, Thomas Meadows on same page
- ↑ Schmidt, Cindy, and Janice Worley. Survey book no. 1 for Whitley County, Kentucky: surveys beginning in 1818 through 1827, warrants of Knox and Whitley counties beginning in 1801. (Cordova, Maryland: C.V. Schmidt, c2003-), Vol. 2, p. 83.
p. 83 – 8 November 1827
Surveyed for Polly Shelly, Betsey Campbell, Thomas M. Meadors, William T. Meadors, Pleasant Meadors, Sally Meadors, Nancy W. Meadors, Darkey Meadors, Harrison W. Meadors, Jemima Meadors, Jane L. Meadors heirs of Thomas Meadors 100 acres of land in pursuance of an act of the General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Kentucky approved February 6th 1819 being part of Knox County Court certificate No. 192 granted to Israel Mayfield on the first day of August 1813.
Situate in Whitley County on Cumberland River including the improvement Elizabeth mother of said children now lives on beginning on a chestnut and hornbeam on the north bank of Cumberland River thence up the same with the meanders N41E44 poles thence N27E42 poles to a hickory on the bank of the river thence leaving the river N44W215 poles to a double dogwood and a white oak thence S34W88 poles to a stake thence S42E215 poles to the beginning.
William Mayfield HK [House Keeper], William T. Meadors ChM [Chain man], Harrison White marker
Joseph Gilless sureyor
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Thomas R Meadors, Memorial# 95258367, created by Kevin Gilbert, 12 Aug 2012, in Find A Grave, accessed 4 Nov 2015, Secondary quality.
Thomas R Meadors
Birth: 1771, Anson County, North Carolina, USA
Death: Nov. 28, 1818, Whitley County, Kentucky, USA
Burial: Jellico Creek Cemetery, Williamsburg, Whitley County, Kentucky, USA
Married Elizabeth Martin in 1795. They had 12 children. Some records have his last name as Meadows and others have it as Meadors. Charter member of Baptist Church at Redbird, along with John Meadors.
Spouses: Elizabeth Martin Meadows (1779 - 1861 or 1867)
Children: William Troy Meadors (1803 - 1862