d.1 SEP 1781
Facts and Events
Thomas Hadley was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page (866) 860.--28th August, 1750. Same (From Benjamin Borden) to Thomas Hadley, on Catuba Creek, 334 acres, part of above patent (part of 2880 acres on Catabo Creek; patented to Benj., Sr., 19th March, 1740).
- Page 253.--20th May, 1752. Same (From Borden, &c.) to Thomas Hadley, 399 acres of 2,880 acres patented 9th March, 1750. Catuba Creek of James.
- Page 22.--12th December, 1753. Joshua Hadley and Patience to Thomas Hadley, 400 acres in Fork of James River and Craig's Creek. Teste: Edward McDonald. Delivered to. Wm. Preston.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 730.--12th November, 1764. Thomas Hadley and Mary of Cumberland Co.. N. C.. to George Poage, £140, 400 acres in Forks of James
River and Craig's Creek. Teste: Henry Carter.
- Page 731.--13th November, 1764. Same (Thomas Hadley and Mary of Cumberland Co.. N. C.) to James Boreland (Rowland). £130, 549 acres on Catawbo Creek: corner in the Great Patent line and a small tract belonging to William Preston, Mount Hadley (first surveyed
in two tracts and conveyed to Thomas Hadley by Borden. Delivered Francis Smith. March Court, 1762.
- Page 239.--28th May, 1781. Thomas Hadley to John Marshel, 184 acres, on Catuba Creek of James River; Borden's tract, top of Mount Hadley. Teste: James Alexander, Robt. Grey.
Processioning List of 1756
- "Processioning" was the periodic review and agreement of property lines between settler's lands. Processioning Lists are useful in determining the general area of a settlers lands and their neighbors at specific time periods:
- Page 169.--1756: Processioned by Thos. McFarrin and Robert Montgomery, in Cap. John McFarrin's Company, on Catawbo Creek, for viz: For Saml. McRoberts, for Wm. Snotgrass, for John Neeley, for Pat. Shurkey, for Saml. Thompson, for Thos. Hadley, for Jno. McFerrin, for Thos. Ramsey; for Pat Scott, can't show his lines; for Jno. McClenachan, can't show his lines; for Francis Ryley, can't show his lines; for Wm. Preston, can't show his lines; for Wm. Hutchison, for James Hutchison, for David Mitchell, for Robt. Mountgomery, for Jno. Marchel, for Joshua Hadley, for Wm. Richey, for Thos. McFarrin.
Records of Thomas Hadley in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 216.--10th October, 1765. George Poage and Rachel ( ) to William Logan, £115, 210 acres conveyed to George by Thomas Hadley. in Forks of James River and Craigs Creek, opposite John Crawford, land of George Poage. Teste: Andrew ( ) Crawford, Jonathan ( ) Richeson, John Kirkland.
Information on Thomas Hadley
1728 - 1 Sep 1781
ID Number: I97462
RESIDENCE: Chester Co. PA
DEATH: 1 Sep 1781
RESOURCES: See: LDS
Father: Joshua HADLEY Sr.
Mother: Mary ROWLAND
2 Thomas HADLY b: 1728 d: 1 SEP 1781 + Mary THOMPSON b: 1730 d: 1795
Married: 13 JUN 1750 in New Garden,Chester,Pennsylvania
Benjamin I HADLEY b: 1760 Death: ABT 1831 in Seven-Mile Spring, Baldwin, Alabama Marriage 1 Elizabeth Betty KENDERSON; Marriage 2 Elizabeth KING b: in North Carolina.