Facts and Events
Thomas Goodson was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 487.--26th May, 1767. Same ( William ( ) McCurry, of Roan County, North Carolina) to Thomas Goodson, £50, 80 acres on south branch of Roan Oak.
- Goodson, Thomas. Will Probated June, 1815.
- Names wife, Sarah; and children: Margaret (wife of William Shelor), Joseph, Thomas, Nancy Eason, John, Sarah (wife of James King), Mary Page, Martha McHenry, Jane Reavely and Rhoda English.
- [A Brief of Wills and Marriages of Montgomery and Fincastle Counties, Virginia, 1733-1831 by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 49].
Records of Thomas Goodson in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 19, 1767. - (482) Samuel Woods, Thomas Goodson, John Richards, Wm. Ward, Hugh Crockett, Jacob Kent, Robert Crockett, Philip Love and Joseph Crockett petition for a road from Vanse's to Saml. Woods's.--Viewers appointed.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH, 1768 (E). - Same (Alexander Boyd Estate) vs. Thomas Goodson, South Fork.
- Page 383.--21st March, 1771. James Patton's settlement of estate recorded--John Buchanan, executor; 22d February, Thos. Goodson for Wm. McCurry and Thos. Wilson.