Thomas M. Davis, Jr.
m. bef. 1755
- Thomas M. Davis, Jr.1755 - 1800
- Nancy Davisbef 1765 -
Facts and Events
Thomas Davis, Jr. was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records: (same Thomas Davis?)
- Vol. 2 - Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1786--December 20, George Drummond and Nancy Jordan, widow; surety, Thomas Davis. (Note: Thomas appears to be a probable brother of Nancy Davis)
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER, 1790. - David Laird vs. Hugh Donaghe.--Writ, 3d September, 1788. Depositions of James and John Donaghe and Thomas Davies taken at the house of David Russell, Green County, North Carolina, 15th May, 1789.
- Vol. 1 - MAY, 1792 (L to M). - David Laird vs. Hugh Donaghe.--Writ, 22d October, 1788. John Donaghe, James Donaghe and Thomas Davis, living in Green County, North Carolina, 17th March, 1789. David Laird had a man, Jones, in his company who deserted. Daivid Laird had a daughter, Anne. Hugh Donaghe had a son, John.
- Vol. 2 - APRIL, 1793 (A to Q). - Donaghe vs. Laird--Copy of deed, David Laird and Anne, his wife, of Augusta County, to Hugh Donaghe, assignee of Jeremiah Smith, 1787, recorded in Rockingham, 24th June, 1787. Depositions of Jeremiah Smith and John Donaghe to be taken at the house of David Ruable, in Greene County, North Carolina, 11th November, 1789. Also of James and John Donaghe, and Thomas Davis, on 15th May, 1789, at house of Russell, Greene County, North Carolina. Deposition of Thomas Davis, Samuel Lamb. Donaghe spelled Donaghoe. Commissions to David Russell and Robert Campbeel in Greene County, North Carolina, to take depositions.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ancestry.com/Ancestry Family Trees: Public Members Trees.