Facts and Events
Thomas Bradshaw was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Pennsylvania
- 1742 - Thomas Bradshaw received a warraant for 50 acres of land in Donegal Township, Lancaster County, PA.
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 288.--23d May, 1751. Robert Rallstone and Martha, to Thomas Bradshaw, 364 acres, Moffett's branch of Cathey's River; corner John Smith; patented to Robert, 15th December, 1749. Teste: William Snadon, Alex. Gardner.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 213.--18th March, 1767. Thomas Bradshaw ( ) and Margrit ( ) to James Hogshead, Jr., £59, 150 acres on Moffet's branch, part of 364 acres patented to Robert Ralstone, 15th December, 1749, and by him conveyed to Thomas; corner James Hogshead.
Will of Thomas Bradshaw
- Page 53.--22d March, 1776. Thomas (X) Bradshaw's will--To wife; to son, James; to daughter Jane's son, Thomas; to daughter, Jane; to son, Thomas. Executors, sons James and Thomas. Teste: Joseph Wright, Rd. Mathewz, William Mathews. Mary Mathews. Proved, 16th February, 1779, by Richard and William Mathews and Mary Mathews. Executers qualify.
- Page 68.--18th May, 1779. Recorded. Thomas Bradshaw's estate settlement.
Records in Pennsylvania
- 1740 - Thomas and Margaret Bradshaw witnessed the will of Hume Richardson of New Londonderry, Chester County, Pennsylvania.
Records of Thomas Bradshaw in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 506.--18th March, 1755. Robert Young, plantationer, to William. Hugh and Joseph Young, his sons, for their better preferment and advancement Conveys his personal estate. Duncan McFarland, weaver, Thomas Bradshaw, weaver; (Robert called distiller). Teste: Francis Dame. Delivered: James Young. .
- Page 340.--19th June, 1764. Rebecca (mark) Gardner's bond (with (mark) Thos. Bradshaw, Francis Gardner) as administratrix of Thos. Gardner.
- Page 325.--18th August, 1770. James Hogshead, Jr.'s, improvements valued--89 acres joining James' other land and Thomas Bradshaw, by Roger Kilpatrick, William McKemey, Wm. Anderson.
- Page 33.--18th November, 1772. Francis Gardner's bond (with Thomas Bradshaw) as guardian to Francis and Samuel Gardner, orphans of Thomas Gardner.
- Page 203.--23d August, 1791. James Bradshaw, of Fayette County, Ky., Thomas Bradshaw and Margaret, of Augusta, to John Canote (Kanote), part of 364 acres patented to Robert Ralston, 15th December, 1749; also 25 acres patented to Thomas Bradshaw, Sr., 1st September, 1780 (??), and became property of grantors by heirship. Teste: Thos. Groone, Jno. Nichole.