Capt. Thomas Bowyer
Facts and Events
||Capt. Thomas Bowyer
Thomas Bowyer was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of Thomas Bowyer in Augusta County, VA
- Page 731.--7th March, 1749. Morgan Bryant, farmer, of Antson Co., No. Carolina, to John Madison. Pow. att'y to collect debts in Augusta and Frederick. Teste: Thomas Bowyer.
- Page 85.--21st May, 1755. Thomas McMurray to Rev. John Brown, 250 acres conveyed to Thomas by Borden, 27th February, 1750; corner John Patton in Borden's tract; corner George Stevenson in James Greenlee's line. Teste: George Stinson. Delivered: Thos. Bowyer, December, 1756.
- Page 367.--22d March, 1760. Alexander Wright, merchant, in Fredericksburg, to James Bratton, blacksmith, £75, 334 acres in Beverley Manor; Mr. Lewis' corner; Maxwell's line. Teste: Patt. Couts, Wm. Long, Chas. Lewis, Wm. Preston, Thos. Bowyer, John Neil.
- Page 203.--13th February, 1761. Nathaniel Evins and Mary to John Keys, £15, 161 acres on west side of the South River alias the River Mary, a branch of James River, patented to Nathaniel, 1759; cor. tract belonging to heirs of John McDowell, the low ground of Reverend Alexander McDowell. Teste: Thomas Bowyer, Samuel and James McDowell.
- Page 181.--16th February, 1762. George Rodgers, Jr., to Nathaniel Lyon, £40 two tracts: 1st, 170 acres in Beverley Manor; cor. Robert Wilson and Joseph Reed's old place; cor. David Moore. 2d, 50 acres in Beverley Manor; cor. Robert Syer's land in Wm. Thomuson's line, Robert Wilson's line. Teste: Samuel and Jos. Moore. Delivered: Thomas Bowyer, April, 1765.
- Page 442.--17th August, 1762. John ( ) Edwards and William Hyde, indenture of apprenticeship. John Edwards apprentices his son, Griffy Edwards, to William Hyde to be taught "his art, trade and mistery" of a carpenter for four years. Delivered: Thomas Bowyer, April, 1764, by Wm. Hides' order.
- Page 750.--19th November, 176(4), Nathaniel Lyon (and Margaret) to James Cotton, £51.10, 220 acres in Beverley Manor; corner Robert Sawyer's land in Wm. Thompson's line, line of land formerly belonging to George Rodgers and sold to Nathaniel. Teste: Wm. Brown, Wm. Hyde, Robt. Rodgers. Delivered: Thos. Bowyer, April, 1765.
- NOVEMBER 22, 1764. - (169) Thomas Bowyer, added to tithables. Michael Bowyer, servant Tom, and 226 acres, added to tithables.
- Page 374.--24th November, 1764. Robert McClenachan's bond (with Thos. Bowyer, Robt. Breckinridge) as administrator of James Simpson.
- Page 392.--26th March, 1765. Robt. Finley's estate appraisement (appraised 1764 by Michl. Bowyer, Wm. Crow, Thos. Bowyer), recorded.
- Vol. 1 - MAY 25, 1765. - (429) Thos. Bowyer allowed to build kitchen, 20x16, adjoining the old jail.
- Page 485.--23d October, 1765. William Lockridge and Agness ( ) to Jno. Wier, £131, 266 acres in Borden's tract; corner Beard, Wm. Moore's line; corner Alexander's land, McCanlees line. Teste: Benj. ( ) Blackburn, Samuel ( ) Wier, Robert Alexander, Thos. Bowyer, William Crow, David Stewart. Delivered: Robert Steel, 15th March, 1813, by order of John Wier.
- Page 265.--__ _____, 1767. Dr. the estate of Col. David Stewart, in account with Andw. Lewis and Geo. Mathews, administrators--Paid Silas Hart on account of Wm. McClenachan's going to Wmsburg to sign the writ of election; to paid the men that brought in the Corps; to expenses to Maryland in 1767 and 1768; to expenses to Carolina. 1767, by cash from Thos. Bowyer for a sword; by rent of a Dutchman (Andw. Cline); by cash from Thos. Sumter.
- Page 127.--21st May, 1768. Thomas Bowyer's bond (with John Madison) as administrator of James Jackson.
- Page 139.--__ _____, 1768. George Rodgers' estate appraised, by James Buchanan, Hugh Johnston, Thos. Bowyer.
- Page 182.--22d May, 1771. George Huffman ( ) to John Herdman, £60, 230 acres conveyed to George by Stephen Conrad. 21st November, 1764 corner Wood's land, on Boon's Run. Teste: Thos. Bowyer and Wm S. Madison.