Facts and Events
Thomas Blakeley was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 443.--7th October, 1784. George Hooke's estate sold at vendue to, viz: Martha Kennedy, Wm. Hooke, Wm. Hooke, Jr., Thos. Blackley, Wm. Bean, Daniel Joseph, Daniel Fitzgeral, Robt. Heslip, John Jasper, George Hook Roe (?).
- Page 106.- (undated, appears to be abt. 1789) - 268 acres patented to Barbara Smith 1st March, 1773. Teste: eorge Hooke, Arthur Connely, Thos. Bleakely.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond: 1789-- January 7, George Hooke and Jane Bleakly, daughter of Thomas Bleakly (consent); surety, John Campbell.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Record - , By Rev. Wm. Wilson: January 8th, George Hook and Jenny Bleakley.
- Page 171.--7th May, 1789. James Blear's will--To wife, Jean; to 3 daughters, Elizabeth, Mary, Jean, after marriage or death, of wife Jean; to daughter, Margaret; to son, John; to son, James. Executors, wife and son John. Teste: John Campbell, Samuel King, Thos. Bleakely. Proved, 15th September. 1789, by Campbell and Blakely. Executors qualify.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Record - 1789, --By Rev. Archd. Scott: April 22d, James Bleakley and Margaret Ruffhead. (possible son?)
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1795--June 26, Joseph Byers (widower) and Wm. Breeze, surety. Joseph Byers and Elizabeth Blakely (of age), daughter of Thos. Blakely (consent).
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond: 1798--January 20, James Hook and George Hook, surety. James Hook and Polly Lewis (own consent), daughter of Anthony Lewis, deceased. Teste: Thos. Bleakly.
- Vol. 2 - APRIL, 1802 (D to L). - Thomas Blakeley vs. George King--Moses Russel & Esther are about to remove from the State.
- From "Notes and Queries", Egle:
- George Hooke, died in Monroe Co., Indiana, March 7, 1835, married Jan. 8, 1789, Jane Bleakley, b. March 17, 1762, d. of Thomas. Bleakley.