Facts and Events
||Thomas Albert Barker
||12 Jan 1914
||Lyerly, Chattooga, Georgia, United States
||Somerville, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United Statesto Florence Albrecht
||Volusia, Florida, United Statesfrom Florence Albrecht
||10 Jan 1994
||Decatur, DeKalb, Georgia, United StatesVA Medical Center
||New Hope South Baptist Church, Holland, Chattooga, Georgia
- 1931 - Graduated from Central High School, Ashland City, TN
- 12 May 1933 - Enrolled in Civiliam Conservation Corps at Ft. Oglethorpe, Ga. (Discharge certificate)
- 9 July 1934 - Discharged from Civilian Concervation Corps. Occupation: Concrete worker. (Discharge certificate)
- 18 Nov 1938 - 8th Annual Filtration Plant Operator's School - Univ. of Tennessee/Knoxville (Certificate of Attendance)
- 30 Sep 1939 - Bank Note from Ashland City Bank & Trust Company for $1200.00 signed by Lois Barker and Thos. Barker - secured by deed of trust on land in 1st district of Cheatham County, Tennessee.
- Jun 1935 - Supervisor of City Water Dept. (undated news clipping - probably Ashland City)
- Thomas Barker Resigns Position
- Thomas Barker, who has been supervisor of the City Water Department here since its installation in June 1935 and City Recorder since January 1, 1939, recently resigned his position to accept other employment.
- Mr. Barker has served the city well and efficiently and its citizens regret to lose such a valuable man, and wish for him continued success.
- 1 Jan 1939 - City Recorder (News clipping)
- 20 Dec 1940 - Group C - Water Works Plan Operator (Certificate of Competency from Tenn Dept. of Public Health)
- 11 Jul 1942 - Enlisted in U.S. Navy
- Last Employer - E. I. DuPont DeNemours & Co., Inc., Charleston, Ind. from May 1940 to July 1942 - Waterworks
- Discharged 13 Dec 1945 as Chief Shipfitter
- Units included 17th Naval Const. Batt., 65th Naval Const. Batt., NAA Nantucket, Mass.
- Schools completed -NCTC Bradford, VA (Stills & Purifiers) and NCTC Davisville, RI (Water Development)
- Dec 1942 - USN Christmas Greetings 1942 United States Naval Operating Base Argentia Newfoundland
- June 1946 - Married Florence Albrech in Somerville, Massachusetts (Family Bible)