Facts and Events
Tasker Tosh was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 355.--28th May, 1751. Tasker Tosh to Thomas Tosh, 120 acres on North Bank of Roanoke River, commonly called Goose Creek, Goose Creek of Roanoke. Teste: Robert Grey, James McKeachey, Francis Beatey.
Estate Records of Tasker Tosh
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 17, 1762. - (284) Agnes Tosh qualifies admx. of Tasker Tosh, her husband, decd.
- Page 489.--17th March, 1767. Tasker Tosh's appraisement (by David Bryan, Wm. Bryan. Wm. Culton), recorded.
Records of Tasker Tosh in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - LIST OF MUSTERS IN AUGUSTA COUNTY - Capt. George Robinson's List: George Robinson, Captain; James McFeron, Lieutenant; Pat. Shirky, Ensign; James Ranfro, Sergeant; Dan Manaughan, Mark Coal, Peter Ranfro, George Draper, Rob Roland, Edw. Smith, Fran Kelly, And. Ganghagall, Henry Stiles, Hen Philip, Thomas Rindel, Thomas Looney, Rob Looney, Dan Looney, Adam Looney, Mark Joans, John Askins, John Flower, James Coal, Bryan Cass, Cornel Dougherty, Wm. Acres, Tasker Tosh, Hen Brown, Sam Brown, James Burk, Wm. Bean, _____Evins, Sam Martin, Peter Kinder, Stephen Evins, Peter Watkins, Stephen Ranfro, Benj. Davis, Wm. Clark, Wm. Shepherd, Benj. Deeson, John Smith, Hugh Coruthers, Wm. Bradshay, John Coal, Wm. Craven, Simon Acres, Nicol Horseford, _____ Meason.
- Vol. 1 - November 19, 1746. - (131) Road ordered from Ridge dividing waters of New River from waters of So. Br. Roanoak to end in a road that leads over the Blue Ridge--James Cambell and Mark Evans, overseers. Old Mr. Robinson and his sons, Thos. Wilson and his two sons, Wm. Beus and his brother, all the Ledfords, Saml. Brown, Henry Brown, Saml. Niely, James Burk, James Bean, Francis Estham, Ephraim Voss and servants, Francis Summerfield, John Mason, Tasker and Thomas Tosh, John and Peter Dill, Uriah Evans's sons, Mathuselah Griffiths and sons, John Thomas, Peter Kender.
- Page 239.--11th September, 1749. Mathusalem Grime's will, of Round Oak, farmer--Wife, Lucretia; youngest son, John; three sons; eldest son, Morrice Grime, 300 acres on Meason's Creek by the Lick; executors, son Morrice and wife; son, Benjamin; daughter, Elizabeth Griffie, under 21; daughter, Hannah, infant; daughter, Lucretia, under 25. Teste: Thomas Tosh, Tasker Tosh, Thos. Acres. Proved, 22d May, 1750, by Thos. Acres, and others to be summoned. (Note: this is the will of Methaslam Griffith).
- Page 225.--21st December, 1749. Charles Hungate's appraisement, by John Mason, Tasker Tosh, Wm. Armstrong.
- Page 358.--29th May, 1751. Lucretia Griffith's bond as executrix of Mathusalem Griffith, with sureties Erwin Patterson and Tasker Tosh.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 24, 1753. - (76) Road ordered--Wm. Bryan overseer--from Wm. Carravan's plantation to Wm. Bryans on Roan Oak. These workers: James Campbell, Joseph Love, Wm. Bryan, Jr., John Bryan, James Bane, Henry Brown, Jr., James Neilly, Henry Brown, Sr., Alexr. Ingram, Edward Patterson, Jacob Patton, John Wood, Erwin Patterson, Andrew Cox, Jasper Terry, Wm. Terry, John Woods, Edward Moore, Peter Craven, Aron Hart, Miles Hart, Wm. Graham, Neal McNeal, Malcom Campbell, Wm. Armstrong, Tasker Tosh, Thomas Tosh, Daniel Evans, Uriah Acres, Thos. Acres, John McAdoe, Wm. Akers.
- Page 188.-- 12th March, 1757. John Robinson's appraisement, by Neal McNeal, Tasker Tosh, Thomas Tosh.