Facts and Events
Swain Rambo was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Swain Rambo received a patent of 400 acres "on Smith's Creek; corner to Andrew Bird, John Philip's line", (prior to the dispositon, listed below):
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 83.--22d February 1750-51. Swain Rambo and Jane to Andrew Bird, 400 acres by patent on Smith's Creek; corner to Andrew Bird, John Philip's line. (See infra, p. 222). Delivered: Andrew Bird, January, 1754. Teste: Peter Scholl, Saml. Newman.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 98.--15th February, 1748. Swain Rambo's bond as administrator of Barbara Rambo. (Note: Barbara Rambo was Swain Rambo's mother)
- Vol. 1 - FEBRUARY 15, 1748. - (68) Swain Rambo, son of Barbara Rambo.
- Page 222.--18th May, 1751. Andrew Bird to Jacob Rambo, 50 acres, part of land bought of Swain Rambo and Jane. (See supra, p. 83).
- Page 518.--17th May, 1768. John ( ) Blizard and Ruth to Andrew Hulings, £20, between Bird land and Smith's Creek, part of 400 acres patented to Swan Rambo; corner old patent and John Philips; Andrew Bird's line; 30 acres. Teste: Andrew Bird, John Phillips, Edward Sampson. Delivered: Andrew Huling, May, 1773.
- Page 529.--16th May, 1768. Andrew Bird and Mary ( ) to Andrew Hulings, £35, between Smith's Creek and the mountain; corner John Phillips and Swain Rambo, 186 acres. Teste: John ( ) Blizard, Jno. Philips. Delivered: Andrew Huling, May, 1773.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 International Genealogical Index. (LDS Church, 1999-2005).