Facts and Events
Photo of Summerfield's tombstone on FindAGrave.com
Civil War Service
- Private, Company C, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 13 July 1863
- Discharged 1 September 1863 at Covington, Kentucky by civil authority
- Also served in Company H, 168th Ohio Volunteer Infantry S2
- Application 1368794; Certificate 1142053
- Widow's Pension: Application: none listed
- Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- ↑ United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Ohio, United States. Death Certificate. (Ohio, United States), cert. 29790 (1932).