Pvt. Stephen Jackson, Jr.
- Pvt. Stephen Jackson, Jr.ABT 1760 - bet 1828-1830
Facts and Events
Notes* by Bob Mitchell:
- A proven connection between this Stephen Jackson and Stephen Jackson, son of James Jackson of Long Island, Queens County, New York has not been found. However, from census records, land records and other documents, this appears to be the correct lineage.
- This Stephen Jackson is often confused with another Stephen Jackson AKA "Killing Stephen." These two Stephens are contemporaries in age and are first cousins. Killing Stephen is a son of Benjamin Jackson, brother of Stephen Jackson, Sr.
- Stephen Jackson, Jr. served as a private in the militia under COL Kolb during 1782.
- DAR Records show him married to Tempie Rushing, History of the Old Cheraws, Page 409, Gregg.
- Book: National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution; Vol 95, pg 150. (File: Margaret Jackson Boyette, DAR ID Number 94484).
- United States. 1800 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Anson Co., North Carolina.
- United States. 1810 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Anson Co., North Carolina.
- United States. 1820 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Anson Co., North Carolina.