m. Bef 1619
- Simon Thompson1619 - 1658
Facts and Events
- ↑ Johnson, Edward Francis. Notes on the Family of Deacon Edward Convers. Woburn, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States. Woburn Records of Births, Deaths, and Marriages, 3:325.
Mary Converse m. (1) 19 Dec 1643 Simon Thompson, "second son of James Thompson", d. May 1658, 2 sons, 4 daughters only one of each reached maturity.
- ↑ Johnson, Edward F. Woburn Records of Births, Deaths, and Marriages . (Woburn, Massachusetts: Andrews, Cutler & Co., 1890-1919), 2:190.
THOMPSON, Simon, s. of ---, [died] Mary ---, 1658.
- ↑ Thompson, Leander. Memorial of James Thompson, of Charlestown, Mass., 1630-1642, and Woburn, Mass., 1642-1682: and of eight generations of his descendants. (Boston: Press of L. Barta & Co., 1887), p. 16, 19.
"A few weeks before his death, he made his will", one third to wife Mary, double portion to son John, remainder into equal portions to his four daughters. Children all minors.
Will of "James Thompson, sen. of Woburn" [father of Simon], dated 28 Feb 1681, names grandchildren Sarah Redknap and James Thompson; and directed John Sheldin [Mary's second husband] to pay legacies, and any remainder of the estate in his possession was to go to the testator's son Jonathan.
- ↑ Mahler, Leslie. "The English Origin of James Thomson of Charlestown and Woburn, Massachusetts", in The American Genealogist. (Demorest, Habersham, Georgia, United States: D.L. Jacobus), Vol. 74, p. 103.
Children of James Thomson and first wife Anne ---: Simon, bp. Frieston, co. Lincoln, 3 Jul 1619, m. Woburn 19 Dec 1643 Mary Converse.
Help fund new features!