Facts and Events
||9 Nov 1889
||Norwalk, Huron, Ohio, United StatesSheldon Laning was born November 9, 1889 in Norwalk, Ohio. His father was J F Laning and his mother was Caroline E Laning, nee Sheldon.
||Norwalk, Huron, Ohio, United StatesSheldon R. Laning, a student, age 10, lived at 120 East Main Street, Norwalk, Ohio with his father, Jay F. Laning, a publisher, age 47; his mother Caroline, age 44; his Joanna P. Laning, age 20, and at school; brother John J. Laning, age 18 and at school; his sister Mary Laning, age 14, and at school; his sister Elizabeth, age 4 and his grandmother, Mary G. Sheldon, age 84.
||Norwalk, Huron, Ohio, United StatesGraduated from Norwalk High School
||1909 to 1910
||Norwalk, Huron, Ohio, United StatesSheldon Laning lived at 120 West Main Street with his father, the Honorable Jay Laning, and with Caroline E Laning, Joanna P Laning, Elizabeth Laning, and Mrs. Mary G. Sheldon.
||1910 to 1911
||Sheldon R Laning, was Battalion Adjutant with a date of commission September 22, 1910. His career in the Ohio National Guard was: Private, Company K, 4th Infantry: October 11, 1907; transferred to Company G, 5th Infantry June 19, 1908; discharged October 10, 1910, expiration of term of service; re-enlisted October 11, 1910; Corporal, August 6, 1909; commissioned 1st Lieutenant, September 22, 1910; assigned battalion adjutant, 5th Infantry, per S.O. No. 1, Para 1, dated January 11, 1911, A. G. D.
||Norwalk, Huron, Ohio, United StatesSheldon R. Laning, a stenographer in an office, age 20, lived at 101 East Main Street, Norwalk, Ohio with his father, Jay F. Laning, a publisher with his own office, age 57; his mother Caroline, age 54; his Joanna P. Laning, age 29, a teacher at a college; his sister Elizabeth, age 14; his grandmother, Mary G. Sheldon, age 93; his brother, Fred, Postmaster at a Post Office, age 33; his nephew Paul, age 9, (probably Fred Laning’s son); and his niece Helene, age 4; and a servant Dora?, age 34.
||1 Apr 1915
||Chicago, Cook, Illinois, United StatesSheldon R. Laning married Miss Mildred L. Monnett on April 1, 1915 in Chicago, Cook, Illinois.
to Mildred Monnett
||15 Jun 1917
||Cleveland, Cuyahoga, Ohio, United StatesSheldon Laning’s home address was 1385 East 124th Street, Cleveland, Ohio. He claimed a military exemption because his wife was dependant on him. He was employed as an attorney at law with the Land Title, Abstract and Trust Company located in the American Trust Building in Cleveland, Ohio. He was tall with medium build with gray eyes and brown hair.
||Cleveland, Cuyahoga, Ohio, United StatesSheldon Laning, a statistician for an automobile company, age 30, lived at 10421 Empire? Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio with his wife Mildred Laning, age 29; their daughter May, age 2 and a half; and his mother-in-law Helen Monnett, a widow, age 65.
||Norwalk, Huron, Ohio, United StatesSheldon Laning, a publisher of a law extract, age 40, lived at 3 South Pleasant Street, Norwalk, Ohio with his wife Mildred Laning, age 39; and their daughter Mary Louise, age 12.
||Norwalk, Huron, Ohio, United StatesSheldon Laning, a manager of a publishing company, age 50, lived at 111 West Main Street, Norwalk, Ohio with his wife Mildred Laning, a general worker at a publishing company, age 49; and their daughter Mary Louise, age 22, a physical education teacher at a college.
||Woodlawn Cemetery, Norwalk, Huron, Ohio, United States
||24 Sep 1967
||Norwalk, Huron, Ohio, United StatesSheldon R Laning died in Norwalk, Huron, Ohio, United States on September 24, 1967 at Fisher-Titus Memorial Hospital, Norwalk, Huron, Ohio, USA. Certificate: 69339. Age at Death: 77. Certifier was a Physician. Autopsy: Yes, used for certification. Marital Status: Married. His last residence was 44857 Norwalk, Huron, Ohio, USA. His SSN was 268-32-7404.
||25 Sep 1967
||Norwalk, Huron, Ohio, United StatesSheldon Rufus Laning died at age 77 on September 24, 1967 in Norwalk, Ohio. His spouse was Mildred Laning and they had married in April 1915. His parents were J F and ELIZABETH
- ↑ Ohio, United States. Ohio Births and Christenings, 1821-1962. (Online: Intellectual Reserve, Inc.), FHL Film Number: 410277.
- ↑ Kenton Ward 2, in Huron County, Ohio. 1900 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Roll: 1288; Page: 1A; Enumeration District: 0031; FHL microfilm: 1241288., 1900.
1900 US Census - Norwalk, Ohio
- ↑ Norwalk, Ohio City Directory, in U.S. City Directories, Page #: 110; Publisher: The Williams Directory Company; Publication Year, 1909-10.
Norwalk City Directory 1909-10
- ↑ U.S., Adjutant General Military Records, 1631-1976, California State Library; Sacramento; Report of the Ohio State Armory Board to the Governor of Ohio 1911, 1911.
1911 Adjutant General Records
- ↑ Annual Report for the 5th Infantry: 1913, in U.S., Adjutant General Military Records, 1631-1976.
1913 Adjutant General Records
- ↑ Registration State: Ohio; Registration County: Cuyahoga, in United States. World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918. (National Archives Microfilm Publication M1509), Roll: 1831941; Draft Board: 17., 15 Jun 1917.
WWI Draft Registration Card
- ↑ Norwalk Ward 4, in Huron, Ohio, United States. 1910 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Roll: T624_1200; Page: 8A & 8B; Enumeration District: 0039; FHL microfilm: 1375213., 1910.
1910 US Census - Norwalk, Ohio - 8A 1910 US Census - Norwalk, Ohio 8B
- ↑ Cleveland Ward 24, in Cuyahoga, Ohio, United States. 1920 U.S. Census Population Schedule: Fourteenth Census of the United States, NARA Microfilm Publication T625. (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration), Roll: T625_1371; Page: 35A; Enumeration District: 618; Image: 405., 1920.
1920 US Census - Cleveland, Ohio
- ↑ Norwalk, in Huron, Ohio, United States. 1930 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Roll: 1823; Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 0021; Image: 1027.0; FHL microfilm: 2341557., 1930.
1930 US Census - Norwalk, Ohio
- ↑ Norwalk, in Huron, Ohio, United States. 1940 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Roll: T627_3088; Page: 3B; Enumeration District: 39-25A., 1940.
1940 US Census - Norwalk, Ohio
- ↑ U.S., Social Security Death Index for Sheldon Laning, in Social Security Administration. Social Security Death Index: Death Master File, database. (Alexandria, Virginia: National Technical Information Service), Number: 268-32-7404; Issue State: Ohio, 1952-1953.
- ↑ Ancestry.com, and Ohio Department of Health. Ohio Deaths, 1908-1932, 1938-2007. (Online database: Ancestry.com Operations Inc., 2010), Certificate: 69339; Volume: 18992.
- ↑ Norwalk Reflector, in Hayes Presidential Center, and various public libraries of Ohio. Ohio Obituary Index [database]. (Fremont, Ohio: Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center, ca. 1970-), Page: 2 Column: 1, 25 Sep 1967.
- ↑ Find A Grave, Sheldon Rufus Laning.
- ↑ Norwalk Ohio High School Class of 1907, Jun 1907.