Facts and Events
Seth Wilson was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of Seth Wilson
- Will of Seath Wilson of Rockbridge County, VA-- Plantationer
- To my son David Willson- all my personal Estate together with my real that is the plantation I now live on.
- To my daughter Lettice Bell now a widow 5 shillings.
- To my wife Martha Wilson-- her bed and bedding and her wearing apparel- this to be disposed of by her at her death. She to live with son David during her natural life time. She is not to be confined from going to see any of the other children at any time she chooses.
- I Appoint son David Executor.
- (Signed) Seth Wilson (his mark)
- In presence of:
- John Fulton
- Walter Smiley
- John Workman
- 2 Feb 1790- Rockbridge County Court
- Present in Court by Elinor Wilson, widow of David Wilson dec'd who was appointed Executor of said will and proved by oath of John Fulton and John Workman- ordered to be recorded.
- Certificate granted for Letters of Administration. Elinor Wilson with securitites John Fulton, Joseph Walker Esqr., and Jno. Walker on bond of £1000
- Teste: A. Reid Clk
- [Source: Rockbridge County, VA Will Book 1, pp. 361-362].
Records of Seth Wilson in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - 1753-1754 (Part 1). - Inhabitants of head of South River petition that they have to keep their roads only 1/2 mile apart for space of four miles and ask that the three be reduced to one. William Smith, Samuel Steel, Robert Alexander, Robert Steel, Nathaniel Steel, George Breckenridge, Chas. Campbell, Patrick Campbell, John Broundlee, Alexander Broundlee, Hugh Fulton, Patrick Campbell, Jr., John Fulton, John Ward, Samuel Doack, John Campbell, Seth Wilson.
- Page 358.--14th May, 1760. James Buchanan's further appraisement, by Jno. Wallace, Steth (Streth, Heth?) Wilson, William Reah.
- 1778 - Seth Wilson listed on Tithables List of 1778 in Rockbridge County ["A History of Rockbridge County, Virginia" By Oren F. Morton, pg. 369].
Help fund new features!