Facts and Events
||Sarah Sharpe VANCE
||25 FEB 1838
||Lebanon, Wilson, Tennessee, United States
||5 OCT 1850
||Wilson, Tennessee, United StatesCivil District No 9
||29 MAR 1855
||Cannon, Tennessee, United Statesnear Woodbury
to Isaac TURNER
||9 Aug 1860
||DeKalb, Tennessee, United States10th District, Smithville PO
||1 Jul 1870
||Cannon, Tennessee, United StatesDistrict 6, Woodbury PO
||26 Jun 1880
||Hill, Texas, United States
||Hill, Texas, United StatesJustice Precinct 3
||11 JUL 1897
||Abbott, Hill, Texas, United States
||ABT 12 JUL 1897
||Hill, Texas, United StatesChatt-Jessie Cemetery
- ↑ S S Turner birth, in Turner Family Bible remnants. (privately held), Primary quality.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sarah Vance entry, 1850 US Census, in United States Federal Census. (Ancestry.com/FamilySearch.org), 5 Oct 1850, Primary quality.
Source Citation: Year: 1850; Census Place: District 9, Wilson, Tennessee; Roll M432_901; Page: 396A; Image: 172.
- ↑ Isaac Turner records- James A Matthews letter, in Federal Military Pension Application - Civil War and Later Complete File. (NATF 85D), 16 Sep 1897, Primary quality.
In light of Sarah Turner's death, son-in-law James A Matthews requests pension benefits for Sarah's minor children
- ↑ I Turner plot, in Chatt-Jessie Cemetery, Primary quality.
"I Turner" plot- approx 6" granite border around area, large enough for 5-6 graves, no markers or any indicators of names of others buried here. Assumption: Sarah Turner and several of younger children are probably buried here.
- ↑ Sarah S Turner entry, 1890 Veterans Schedules, in Special Schedules of the Eleventh Census (1890) Enumerating Union Veterans and Widows of Union Veterans of the Civil War. (Ancestry.com), Jun 1890, Primary quality.
Reference number: Source Citation: Year: 1890; Census Place: Precinct 3, Hill, Texas; Roll 100; Page: 1; Enumeration District: 110.
- ↑ Sarah Turner entry, 1860 US Census, in United States Federal Census. (Ancestry.com/FamilySearch.org), 9 Aug 1860, Primary quality.
Year: 1860; Census Place: District 10, De Kalb, Tennessee; Roll: M653_1247; Page: 158; Image: 319
- ↑ Sarah S Turner entry, 1870 US Census, in United States Federal Census. (Ancestry.com/FamilySearch.org), 1 Jul 1870, Primary quality.
Year: 1870; Census Place: District 6, Cannon, Tennessee; Roll: M593_1516; Page: 161; Image: 321.
- ↑ Sarah S Turner entry, 1880 US Census, in United States Federal Census. (Ancestry.com/FamilySearch.org), 26 Jun 1880, Primary quality.
Year: 1880; Census Place: , Hill, Texas; Roll: T9_1311; Family History Film: 12553
Help fund new features!