Facts and Events
||20 Jan 1702/03
||Flushing, Queens, New York, United States
||10 Feb 1725/6
||Flushing, Queens Co., New York, United StatesFlushing Meeting
to James Jackson, Jr.
||Flushing, Queens Co., New York, United States
See the Notes in James Jackson's record!
R. G. Clarke gives as his source for this marriage to Sarah Thorne The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, Jan 1962, pg 36.
This same Jan 1962 Record, pages 29-36 gives the whole family of Joseph Thorne and his second wife, Mary Bowne and their youngest daughter is Sarah, b 20 Jan 1702/03 who married James Jackson on 10 Feb 1725/26. Other rootsweb charts have Sarah as the d/o Mary's younger sister Martha Bowne who also married a Joseph Thorne. I will go with the information published in NYGBS "The Record" as it is well vetted.
- ↑ Society of Friends. Flushing Monthly Meeting (Flushing, New York). Monthly meeting records, 1640-. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1950), 134.
The Children of Joseph and Mery Thorn of flushing -
Sarah Thorn was born ye 20 = 11'mo [Jan] 1702/3
- ↑ The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record. (New York, New York: New York Genealogical and Biographical Society), Oct. 1888, pg 156.
- Bunker, Mary Powell. Long Island Genealogies. (Albany, New York, United States: Joel Munsell's Sons, 1895), 221, 105.
- Robbins, Oscar Burton. History of the Jackson family of Hempstead, Long Island, N.Y., Ohio and Indiana: descendants of Robert and Agnes Washburn Jackson. (Loveland, Colo.: Robbins, 1951), 10.
- Thorne website:. http:/thorn.pair.com/williamthorne1/index.htm.
- Rootsweb chart of Sam Tooley: Tooley, Birdsall, McMurtry, Lindquist, Willson, Shotwell. (http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?includedb=tooleys).
- ↑ The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record. (New York, New York: New York Genealogical and Biographical Society), Jan 1962, pg 36 Thorne Record.