Sarah Ann Reese
d.11 Oct 1855
Facts and Events
||Sarah Ann Reese
||1 Mar 1817
||Indiana, United States
||Clark, Indiana, United States
||Shelby, Indiana, United States
||7 Mar 1839
||Boone, Indiana, United Statesto Alfred Sanford McKinsey
||Clinton, Indiana, United States
||Boone, Indiana, United Statesnamed in father's probate
||Clinton, Indiana, United States
||11 Oct 1855
||Clinton, Indiana, United Statesnamed as mother of children in father-in-law's probate
||Clinton, Indiana, United StatesBuntin Cemetery
- ↑ Find A Grave, Memorial# 31481013, Secondary quality.
Sarah A. McKinsey
Death: Oct. 11, 1855
Burial: Buntin Cemetery , Frankfort, Clinton County, Indiana, USA
wife of Afred McKinsey
Oct. 11, 1855
38 Y. 7 M. 10 D.
Note: Sarah A. McKinsey is on the McConnell obelisk
- ↑ Family Bible Record of Joseph and Nancy Reese, in Johnson, Bess Sellers; Daughters of the American Revolution. Alexander Hamilton Chapter (Indiana); and Vera Reese Tranter. Family bible records of Johnson County, Indiana: a collection of family records compiled from family bibles and other sources. (Ft. Wayne, Indiana: Allen County Public Library, 1986), p. 147.
Births - Sarah Reese, Mar. 1, 1817
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Grove, Helen E, and Joan Cox Bohm. Clinton County, Indiana, cemeteries. (Utica, Kentucky: McDowell Publications, c1980-1996), p. 25 Buntin Cemetery [Jackson Township], Secondary quality.
Alexander, b. 16 May 1847, d. 11 Aug 1917 same stone Mary E
, Mary E., wife of Alexander, d. 29 Sept 1893, age 45 years, 1 month, 18 days
, Sarah A., w/o Alfred McKinsey, d. 11 Oct 1855, age 32 years 7 months 10 days same stone Mary E. McConnell
- ↑ Sarah A. McKinsey Guardianship Box 245A, file 4, Clinton County Court Archives, Frankfort Community Public Library, Frankfurt, Indiana.
Note, Frankfort Oct 29 1855
Re'd of Mercer MCKinsey Gardein of the minor ayers of Sarah A McKinsey six dollar in full for Coffin for the said Deseased. J. B. Duglass
Note Mcchanicsburg Dec 18, 1856
Received of Mercer McKinsey the guardian of the Estate of Sarah McKinsey deceased twelve dollars for services as Physician. J Reagan
- ↑ Washington Township, Clark County, Indiana, in United States. 1820 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Joseph Reas, 2 males under 10 (William, Jefferson), 1 male 10-16 (Granville), 1 male 16-26 (Joseph), 3 females under 10 (Kitty, Sarah, Permilla), 1 female 16-26; 2 persons in agriculture
- ↑ Hendricks, Shelby, Indiana, in United States. 1830 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Joseph Reece, 1 male 5-10 (William), 1 male 10-15 (Jefferson), 1 15-20 (Granville), 1 male 40-50 (Joseph); 2 females 10-15 (Sarah, Kitty), 3 females 15-20 (Martha, Matilda, Permila), 1 female 40-50
- ↑ Complete Probate Record, in Indiana. Circuit Court (Boone County), and Boone County (Indiana). Clerk of the Circuit Court. Probate records 1830-1925. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1983), Vol. A, p. 385; FHL Film #1320335, Primary quality.
on the 24th day of March 1849 said administrator by Angle and Dougherty his attorneys . . . . Your petitioner further represents that said Joseph Reese died leaving the following children his heirs at law him surviving To wit . . . Sarah who has intermarried with one Alfred McKinzy, . . . .
And thereupon writs of summon were duly issued by said Clerk upon the suggestion of said Petitioner, to the Sheriffs of Boone, Marion, Johnson and Shelby counties, for said defendants to appear at the next term of said Court thereafter and answer said Petition – which said writs were all duly returned endorsed thus – (The one from Boone) We the undersigned part of the witnin named defendants do hereby acknowledge service of the within writ the 24th day of March 1849. Signed Sarah McKinsey By A. McKinsey Alfred McKinsey, Jonathan Goff, Matilda Goff By J Goff, Robert C. Dunn, Jan Dunn By R. Dunn, William Reese”
- ↑ Probate Order Book, in Indiana. Circuit Court (Boone County), and Boone County (Indiana). Clerk of the Circuit Court. Probate records 1830-1925. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1983), Volume C; FHL #320127, Primary quality.
May term 1849
James S. Hamilton admr Deb. non
William Reese, Cornelius McDermot & Martha his wife, Jonathan Goff & Matilda his wife, Alfred McKinzie & wife, Robert C. Dunn & Jane his wife, Granville Reese, Joseph Reese, Cristena Reese, Benjamin Reese, Lydia E. McDermot, Sarah A. McDermot & Mary J his wife, Mary Jane Reese
Petition on final settlement to ascertain advancements to defts
Comes now the said James S. Hamilton administrator deboris non of said Estate, . . . . and the following of said defendants appear and answer said petition to wit . . . Alfred McKinzey and Sarah his wife, . . . . And it appearing to the court now here from the proofs and allegations that said defendants are heirs at law of said Joseph Reese deceased and it also further appearing to the court from the evidence adduced upon the examination of witnesses that said Cornelius McDermot, Edward McDermot, Jonathan Goff, Alfred McKinsey and Robert C. Dunn had each received by way of advancement in the lifetime of said decd the sum of one hundred and seventeen dollars ($117.00). . . .
p. 273, Augt 14th, 2nd day, August Term 1849
In the Matter of the Estate of Joseph Reese decd
on final settlement
Comes now Jas S. Hamilton admr Deb. non of the Estate of said Dec'd and files receipts from the following heirs of said decd for their Distributive Share's in said Estate To wit
One [receipt] from Alfred McKinzie & wife for 54.12
- ↑ Clinton County, Indiana; FHL #0007722, in United States. 1840 U.S. Census Population Schedule, p. 744, line 14, Primary quality.
Alfred McKinsey, 2 males 20-30 [Alfred, ?]; 1 female under 5 [?], 1 female 20-30 [Sarah]; 1 in agriculture
- ↑ Jackson, Clinton, Indiana, in United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, HH 232, Fam 232; FHL #0007752, Primary quality.
McKinsey, Mordecai, 66, m, farmer, RE=3900, b. NC
, Catherine, 66, f, b. SC
, Sarah, 40, f, b. OH, insane
Alexander, Catherine, 21, f, b. KY
McKinsey, Sarah A., 32, b. IN
, Mordecai, 7, m, b. IN
, Joseph, 5, m, b. IN
, Mary E., 1, f, b. IN
- ↑ McKinsey Family Probate, Primary quality.
Help fund new features!