Sarah P. Lewis
d.13 January 1908
Facts and Events
||Sarah P. Lewis
||Sally F. Lewis
||20 Dec 1857
||Amboy, Oswego, New York, United Statesto Charles H. Turner
||19 June 1865
||Amboy, Oswego, New York, United States
||17 Feb 1867
||Amboy, Oswego, New York, United Statesto Chauncey Tisdale
||15 May 1880
||Parish, Oswego, New York, United States
||13 January 1908
Probate of father's will
Mexico Independant Volume XVIII
Mexico, N. Y., Wednesday, Dec. 24, 1879 No. 52
THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF NEW
YORK, to Geo. W. Lewis, jr., of Amboy,
Oswego Co., N.Y.; Henry D. Lewis, of Bald-
winsville, Onondaga Co., N. Y.; Lawrence H.
Lewis, of Cuba, Crawford Co., Mo.; Sarah P.
Tisdale, of Parish, Oswego Co., N. Y.; Minnie
Lewis, of Parish, Oswego Co., N. Y.; Andrew
Lewis, of Parish, Oswego Co., N. Y.; John W.
Lewis, whose place of residence is unknown.
Heirs and next of kin of Geo. W. Lewis, late of
the town of Amboy, in the County of Oswego,
deceased, send greeting:
Whereas, Emmet Lewis, of the town of
Amboy, in the county of Oswego, has lately
made application to our Surrogate of the
County of Oswego, to have a certain instrument
in writing, relating to the real and personal estate
(illegible) provided as the Last Will and Testament of
said Geo. W. Lewis, deceased; you and each
of you are hereby cited and required personally,
to be and appear before our said Surrogate, at his
office in the village of Mexico, in said County
of Oswego, on the 12th day of Jan. next, at 10
o'clock in the forenoon of that day, then and
there to attend the probate of said instrument
as the Last Will and Testament of said deceased.
In Testimony Whereof, We have
caused the Seal of Office of our said
Surrogate's Court, of the County of Os-
wego to be hereunto affixed.
L.S. Witness, Timothy W. Skinner, Surro-
gate of the said County, at the village of
Mexico, in said County, the 26th day of
Nov., in the year one thousand eight
hundred and seventy-nine.
G. E. LINDSLEY
Clerk of the Surrogate's Court
48-7 of Oswego County.
Suit against Executor of father's will (brother Emmett)
Oswego Daily Times, Monday Evening, March 29, 1880
Legal Notes. County Court.
Sarah P. Tisdale ag't Emmett Lewis. Complaint filed.
- The People of the State of New York to..., in Mexico Independant. (Mexico, Oswego, New York), 52, 31 Dec 1879, Secondary quality.
- ↑ Tisdale Household, Parish, Oswego, New York, in United States. 1880 U.S. Census Population Schedule, T9-0915 p30B, 1880, Questionable quality.
Spouse Chauncey Tisdale M 60
Sarah Tisdale F 46
Child Frank W. Turner M 17
- ↑ Tisdale household, in New York. Secretary of State. State census records of Oswego County, New York, 1855-1892. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1971), 1892, Questionable quality.
- ↑ Lewis household, Amboy, Oswego, New York, in United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, 681, 12 Sept 1850, Questionable quality.
- ↑ Phildelia Turner, in Hough, Franklin B. (Franklin Benjamin). Census of the State of New York for 1865. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1984), p.23, dw. 156, fam.165, 19 June 1865, Secondary quality.
- ↑ Charles H. Turner, in Civil War Widows' Pensions, 53028, Primary quality.
- ↑ Charles H. Turner, in Civil War Widows' Pension, 53028, Primary quality.
dropped from pension roll 18 Jany 1908 because of death 13 Jany08
- ↑ Emmett Lewis and wife to Sarah P. Tisdale, in New York, United States. New York, Land Records, 1630-1975, book 164 page 359, 15 May 1880, Primary quality.
Sold her a part of lot 99 in TN6 (Amboy) for $1.
Help fund new features!