d.24 Jun 1868
Facts and Events
||1 Jul 1798
||Virginia, United States
||20 Sep 1815
||Jefferson, Indiana, United Statesto Benjamin Reese
||Clark, Indiana, United States
||21 April 1821
||Clark, Indiana, United Statesbecame member of New Washington Baptist Church
||Clark, Indiana, United States
||27 Dec 1833
||Clark, Indiana, United Stateswith husband, signed deed of sale
||11 Jul 1835
||Shelby, Indiana, United StatesFounding member of Blue River/Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church
||Shelby, Indiana, United States
||26 Sep 1845
||Shelby, Indiana, United Stateswith husband, signed deed of sale
||Shelby, Indiana, United States
||14 Aug 1854
||Shelby, Indiana, United Stateswith daughter and two sons, sold land to third son
||13 Oct 1864
||Shelby, Indiana, United Statesresigned membership Mt. Pleasant Baptist church
||24 Jun 1868
||Needham, Johnson, Indiana, United StatesMt. Pleasant Cemetery
- ↑ Re: Dollins, William 1740's - 1783 VA, Dollins Family Genealogy Forum, posted by Faye Dollins, in GenForum, Message #90, October 07, 2000, Secondary quality.
Children of MILDRED DOLLINS and FRANCIS DAVIS are:
SARAH DAVIS, b. 01 Jul 1798, VA; d. 24 Jun 1868, IN; m. BENJAMIN REESE, 21 Sep 1815, Jefferson Co., IN; b. 13 Nov 1792, VA; d. 09 Nov 1853, IN.
- ↑ Washington Township, Clark, Indiana, in United States. 1820 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication M33), Primary quality.
Benjamin Reas, 2 males under 10 [William, John], 2 males 26-45 [Benjamin, unknown], 1 female 16-25 [Sarah]; 1 person in agriculture
- ↑ NE of State Road, Clark County, Indiana, in United States. 1830 U.S. Census Population Schedule, p. 40, Primary quality.
Reece, Benj. 2 ma 10-15 William, John), 1 m 30-40 (Benjamin), 1 f under 5 (unknown), 1 f 30-40 (Sarah)
- ↑ Clark County (Indiana). Recorder. Deed records 1801-1901, with indexes to grantors and grantees, 1801- 1910. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1985), Vol 28, p. 401; FHL #1428600, Primary quality.
Indenture made 27 Dec 1833
Between Benjamin Reece of Clark County, IN
And John Grismare of same place who paid $700 gold and lawful money
For the Western part of the SE 1/4 of Sec 6, T1N, R9E
Bopunded on the E by the lands of John Bower, on the South by the lands of John Tilford, and on the West by the land of Martin Adams and on the North by the lands of Andrew and Joseph Bower, said tract extending North and South 160 poles and E and W 110 poles containing 110 acres more or less
Signed Benjamin Reese, Sally x her mark Reese [his wife]
Witness Joseph Bower JP
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Family Bible Record of Benjamin and Sarah Davis Reese of Clark Co., Ind., in Johnson, Bess Sellers. Family Bible records of Johnson County, Indiana: and a collection of family records and other sources [vol. 2, pt. 1]. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1971), p. 145, Secondary quality.
Births - Sarah Davis Reese, July 1, 1798
Deaths - Sarah Reese (wife of Benjamin) June 24, 1868
- ↑ Fourteen Mile Creek/New Washington Baptist Church , in Reece Family Church Records, Secondary quality.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Hayward, Elizabeth (Mary Elizabeth McCoy), and Johnson County, Indiana) Second Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church (Needham Township. Genealogical abstracts from records of Second Mount Pleasant Baptist Church, constituted in 1835, Johnson County Indiana. (Rochester, New York: American Baptist Historical Society, 1972), pp. 15-16, Secondary quality.
Reece, Reese, 1st spelling used consistently until Mr. 10, 1849 when the 2nd was adopted and used consistently thereafter. Some of the early entries were neatly written over to conform with the 2d spelling.
, Eld. Benjamin, by Letter Jl. 11, 1835; pastor 1838-54, d. De 10, 1853, Ordained at 2d Mt. Pleasant Chh; moderator of Flat Rock Assn. 13 consecutive yrs.
, Sarah, by Letter Jl. 11, 1835; dm. by Letter Oc 13, 1864
- ↑ Second Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church (Needham Township, Johnson County, Indiana). Church records, 1835-1930. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1986).
July 11, 1835, Church Covenant - Founding members: Joseph Reece, John Webb, Nancy Webb, Samuel Tetrich, Benjamin Reece, Sarah Reece, Henry Willard, Mary Kellery
Minutes - 8 August 1835 - Brother Joseph Reece appointed Clerk; Brother Benjamin Reece called to preach. Benjamin Reece continued as Moderator, having been ordained about that time.
- ↑ Hendricks Township, Shelby, Indiana, in United States. 1840 U.S. Census Population Schedule, p. 344, Primary quality.
Benjamin Reece, 1 m 10-15 [Thomas], 1 m 25-30 [ William], 1 m 40-50 [Benjamin], 1 f 5-10 [Martha], 1 f 30-40 [Sarah]
- ↑ Shelby County (Indiana). Recorder. Deed records, 1822-1886, and partitions, 1876-1891. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1984), Vol. L, p. 289; FHL #1403622, Primary quality.
Daniel Tucker Deed from Benjamin Reese
26 September 1845
Benjamin Reese and Sarah Reese his wife of Shelby County, IN
and Daniel Tucker of same
for $300 paid by Tucker to Reese
sale of land in Shelby county
West 1/2 of NE1/4, Sec 5, T12N, R6E
containing 71 acres and 40/100s
Signed Benjamin Reese, Sarah Reese
Witness Reuben Davison, JP
Recorded 15 December 1845
- ↑ Hendricks Township, Shelby County, Indiana, in United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, HH 14, Fam 14, Primary quality.
Reese, Benjamin, 57, white male, Clergyman, RE = $1400, b. KY
, Sarah, 3, white female, b. [VA]
, Thomas W., 20, male, farmer, b. IN
, Elizabeth [?], 20, female, b. IN [wife of Thomas, nee Garrison]
Garrison, G. A., 21, male, farmer, b. IN
, Martha E., 18, female, b. IN [nee Reese]
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Hougham, Ruth Trout; Daughters of the American Revolution. Alexander Hamilton Chapter (Indiana); and Robert Bradley Hougham. Cemetery records of Johnson County, Indiana. (Ft. Wayne, Indiana: Allen County Public Library, 1986), p. 118, Secondary quality.
(2nd) Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, Needham Township, S10, T12N, R5E
Elder Benj. 13 Nov 1792-8 Nov 1853 Soldier War 1812 Sarg. in Capt. John Slizzard's Co. Second Reg. Indiana Mil (son of John & Jane)
Sarah (wife of Benj.) 1 July 1798-24 June 1868 (dau Francis & Mildred Dollis Davis)
- ↑ Shelby County (Indiana). Recorder. Deed records, 1822-1886, and partitions, 1876-1891. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1984), Volume Y, p. 366, Primary quality.
William A. Reese and Emily Reese his wife
John Reese and Mary J. Reese his wife
Lindsey C. Garrison and Martha E. Garrison his wife
And Sarah Reese
Of Shelby County, Indiana
Convey and Warrant to
Thomas H. Reese of Johnson County, IN
For the sum of $4000, Real Estate in Shelby county
North part of the N1/2 of the NW1/4, S12, T12, R5, containing 53 acres and 33/100s of an acre
Also the west part of the NE1/4, S11, T12, R5, containing 106 acres and 66/100 more or less
The fee in said land being in the said Sarah Reese, John Reese, William Reese and the said Martha Garrison
Signed 14 August 1854
William A. Reese, Emily J. x her mark Reese, John Reese, Mary Jane Reese, Lindsey C. x his mark Garrison, Martha E. Garrison, Sarah Reese
Witness Eldridge G. Mayhew, JP
Recorded 11 Sept 1855