Facts and Events
SARAH ARNOLD was born in 1806 at Winterborne Clenstone, Dorset, England. She married JOSEPH BUTT, son of JOHN BUTT and JANE DURNFORD, on 7 Jun 1824 at Winterborne Clenstone, Dorset, England.S4
"(Sarah Arnold) who was the daughter of a gentleman, got so tired of being snubbed by her rich sister, made (Joseph) leave England and go to Canada. The twins were born Sept 24, 1824 (James & Elam) and (the family) came to Canada in 1841. (Joseph) was only 36 then and his wife died and a baby also a week after they arrived in Toronto."S3
She died in 1841 at Hampton, Durham County, Ontario, Canada. Sarah's last child died the same year as she. It is probable that she died in childbirth. Sarah's death after seventeen years with Joseph left him a widower with ten children.
The Hannah Butt Taylor Letter is a very interesting source of information on Joseph Butt, his life and his family.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Derek Topping. Butt GED Topping. (GED File, Downloaded in 2001), Secondary quality.
- ↑ Donna Johnson. Butt GED Johnson. (GED File, Downloaded December 25, 2002), Secondary quality.
- Hannah Butt Taylor. Hannah Butt Taylor Letter. (Letter, March 9, 1941), 1941, Primary quality.
- Antony Broad. Antony Broad Research Report. (Research Report, July 29, 2003), 2003, Primary quality.
- Butt Arnold Marriage, 1824, Secondary quality.
Marriages solemnized in the Parish of Winterborne Clenstone in the County of Dorset in the year 1824. Joseph Butt of the Parish of Winterborne Stickland and Sarah Arnold of this Parish were married in this Church by Banns this 7th day of 1824.
Marriage Record |
Help fund new features!