Facts and Events
||Bet 1630 and 1640
||Duxbury, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United Statesprobably
||Duxbury, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United Stateslikely based on children's births
to Alexander Standish
||Bef 13 Jun 1688
||Duxbury, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United Statessettlement of her father's estate
||Myles Standish Burying Ground, Duxbury, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. International Genealogical Index (R). (Copyright (c) 1980, 2002, data as of May 6, 2004).
Sarah Alden; Female; Birth: 1629 Duxbury, Plymouth, Massachusetts; Death: 12 AUG 1674; Spouse: Alexander Standish; Marriage: About 1649 Of, Duxbury, Plymouth, Massachusetts; No source information is available.
["Record submitted after 1991 by a member of the LDS Church", i.e, Citation needed
. Source:Mayflower Descendant, "Alexander Standish's Will", p. 12:99, says "the date of Sarah's death are unknown". The birth of his first child by his second wife is 5 May 1689 [ibid, p. 7:134]. But probate documents for Alexander contesting his will [ibid, p. 12:106] do state that "after her [Sarah's] decease he lived a widdower many years".]
- JaAnna Nelson. Family Records of JaAnna Nelson.
- Dave Sharp, firstname.lastname@example.org, Roots Web's WorldConnect Project. RootsWeb's WorldConnect Project, Cushing/Sharp. (updated Jan. 5, 2001).
- Davis, William T. Ancient landmarks of Plymouth: part 1, historical sketch and titles of estates; part 2, genealogical register of Plymouth families. (Boston, Massachusetts: A. Williams, c1883), 250.
Alexander Standish m. (1) Sarah, d. of John Alden. He m. (2) Desire and had Thomas 1687; Desire 1689; Ichabod; and David.
[Sic, these births do not agree with Marshfield Vital Records in regards to either order or date (Source:MD, p. 7:134: Desire 1689, Thomas 1690/91, Ichabod 1693). Also, probate documents contesting Alexander's will Source:MD, p. 12: 106, say that by his second wife "he had two sons and one daughter", and his will mentions "my three Children Thomas Ichabod and Desire Standish", meaning that a son named David seems to be an erroneous attribution.]
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Family of John Alden, in General Society of Mayflower Descendants. Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Descendants of the Pilgrims who landed at Plymouth, Mass. December 1620. (New England - United States: General Society of Mayflower Descendants., Various), 16 (Part 1):39-43.
Sarah Alden was born probably at Duxbury, say between 1630 and 1640 (first child born in early 1660's); death date unknown, but before 13 June 1688 (settlement of her father's estate; MD, 3:11).
- ↑ Sarah Alden Standish, in Find A Grave.
Help fund new features!